The whole place had an air of not being cared for. It clearly depended on C to C walkers but seemed not to appreciate that many of these would expect to be able to have a comfortable night's sleep. The bathroom which I had to share (although I thought I had booked one en-suite) was mouldy and very poorly finished, the bed was extremely uncomfortable and my room, which had small windows which could not be easily opened, had a very odd smell to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stones throw from the River Swale, at the foot of Alan the Reds magnificent castle (circa 1070) and just a few minutes from the largest cobbled market place in Britain, the house retains its old world charm, is tastefully decorated, and offers every modern comfort. Each guest room enjoys attractive views and has a private bathroom or shower room. Guests also have the use of the communal sitting room with an open fire, TV, and a small library of books and periodicals. Guests are also free to relax in our peaceful patio garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Old Brewery Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Brewery Guest House Hotel Richmond
- Old Brewery Guest House Richmond, Yorkshire