See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2016

Wow had a fantastic meal with my hubby i have had the best lasagne ever it was amazing my hubby had the roast beef dinner he said it was fantastic the presentation was 1st class the service was excellent then the sweet omg was amazing next time we are this way we will definitely stay

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank redteen
Reviewed 17 April 2016

I use to work at the Vintage in the 70's when it was 'THE' place to be in terms of the restaurant and pub - it was never empty from the moment its doors opened. Our party arrived at 6pm on Friday to an empty pub and restaurant….

Our party felt it was cold in the restaurant and asked the waiter/chef? If the heating could be turned up - his reply was - after feeling the radiator - "nothing wrong with the heating, feels fine to me"!

We ordered our meal, which came in good time. As we were having fish and chips, my husband asked if he could have more slices of lemon… to which the reply was "errrr we are a bit short on lemon sir, well if you want more then it will be extra on your bill". We thought that was an incredulous answer - bit like Faulty Towers! Now don't get me wrong the fish and chips were good and we had no complaints about any of the food…just found the extra lemon charge to be way over the top! The solution was for the party to share their lemon slices with hubby and as one was left, we should have sold it back to the chef!!!

So would I return…sadly not, but not because the food wasn't good, the place simply lacked atmosphere….

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank EnglishShmanny
Reviewed 15 October 2015

We first visited this hotel in the 70s so recently in the area we called in. We were shocked to find it was exactly as we remembered, it was like going back in time.
The Vintage is truly vintage but seriously needs some TLC.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2015

We were travelling from Scotland and dark was descending. Dreading the thought of another Travel Lodge/Holiday Inn stay, we came across this little gem of a place and thought we would take advantage of their wifi to find a room. After enjoying the warm welcome, lovely beer and atmosphere we asked if we could stay here. Sean couldn't have been nicer and we had one of our best stays ever. Everything was faultless. It warms your heart to know there are still wee gems like this around as an alternative to the corporate chains. BRILLIANT!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stewart M
Reviewed 17 September 2015

LOVE this place. LOVE Sean and Ann. Sean has amazing passion and warmth and Ann is an absolute Gem. So bubbly and caring. Cutest B&B and so real. Every place should be like this! I will definitely be coming to visit again soon.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business