“Bar manager hates your kids”
Review of The Vintage Hotel

The Vintage Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Richmond
The Vintage Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 28 August 2016

Me and my wife were staying in the caravan camp site directly behind the bar restaurant and at the time of booking we did ask the manager of the camp site if this bar was child friendly and we were told yes "how wrong he was" on the Saturday of our trip we took our 3 kids into the bar for a look thinking of maybe a quiet pint or two for us and a soda for the kids with meals in mind if we found the place to be clean and child friendly. well i walked with the family to the bar to have the rudest man ever walk over and demand we leave as its illegal to have kids in a bar "as a man with many family members being bar owners/managers i tried to correct his clearly mistaken assumption " .If your main business as a pub is to sell alcohol a child of under 16 MUST be with an adult but given this place is also a restaurant then even this may not apply .after being corrected he just shouted that its not appropriate to have children on his premises at this point me and my family just walked out . Ive never in my life been so rudely treated and cant believe that such a small minded foolish man has any right to run a business and shout rude lies at family's as they walk in the door I realy just dont have the words to describe my dismay and anger at this child hatred in this day and age.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
10  Thank Darrin P

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Wow had a fantastic meal with my hubby i have had the best lasagne ever it was amazing my hubby had the roast beef dinner he said it was fantastic the presentation was 1st class the service was excellent then the sweet omg was amazing next time we are this way we will definitely stay

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redteen
Reviewed 17 April 2016

I use to work at the Vintage in the 70's when it was 'THE' place to be in terms of the restaurant and pub - it was never empty from the moment its doors opened. Our party arrived at 6pm on Friday to an empty pub and restaurant….

Our party felt it was cold in the restaurant and asked the waiter/chef? If the heating could be turned up - his reply was - after feeling the radiator - "nothing wrong with the heating, feels fine to me"!

We ordered our meal, which came in good time. As we were having fish and chips, my husband asked if he could have more slices of lemon… to which the reply was "errrr we are a bit short on lemon sir, well if you want more then it will be extra on your bill". We thought that was an incredulous answer - bit like Faulty Towers! Now don't get me wrong the fish and chips were good and we had no complaints about any of the food…just found the extra lemon charge to be way over the top! The solution was for the party to share their lemon slices with hubby and as one was left, we should have sold it back to the chef!!!

So would I return…sadly not, but not because the food wasn't good, the place simply lacked atmosphere….

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank EnglishShmanny
Reviewed 15 October 2015

We first visited this hotel in the 70s so recently in the area we called in. We were shocked to find it was exactly as we remembered, it was like going back in time.
The Vintage is truly vintage but seriously needs some TLC.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2015

We were travelling from Scotland and dark was descending. Dreading the thought of another Travel Lodge/Holiday Inn stay, we came across this little gem of a place and thought we would take advantage of their wifi to find a room. After enjoying the warm welcome, lovely beer and atmosphere we asked if we could stay here. Sean couldn't have been nicer and we had one of our best stays ever. Everything was faultless. It warms your heart to know there are still wee gems like this around as an alternative to the corporate chains. BRILLIANT!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple