“Fantastic”
other travellers have booked this property
Sunny days at Bumblebee Sunshine on the terrace
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Sunny days at Bumblebee
Sunshine on the terrace
Afternoon wine and nibbles
Log burner for cosy evenings in
Wine and nibbles by the fire
Spacious kitchen and dining area
Fully equipped kitchen that's perfect for self-catering
A relaxing place to unwind, king size bed
Time for a little romance on holiday
Plenty of room for all, including travel cot (supplied), all beds full-size single beds
Contemporary bathroom with rainfall shower
Lots to do!
The football pitch is almost within view from the balcony
A gentle game of boules
20m pool with sauna and steam room, included in the cost
Use of the gym is included in the cost
Fancy a pint in the on-site pub? Inside is a pool table and sky sports
Family and dog friendly pub with Sky sport and pool table
The wildflower meadow is only 2 minutes away and perfect for dog walking
Let's go to the beach...
Filey's only 30 minutes walk away at low tide (or 50 if you have two 10 year-olds in tow!)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

caroline...
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 18 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

This is our second stay and I still can't get over what a lovely cottages both Bumblebee and Kittiwake are. So beautifully decorated with absolutely everything you need for your break. Saves us packing so much, I can leave all of the kids' usual entertainment at home as they're spoilt for choice sooo many board games, books outdoor games. There are chairs for the beach, dog bowls, you name it and it's probably there!
Lovely welcome package and everything you need to know about the local area.
I really can't praise it enough. Wish I could stay all year!

20 Apr 2017
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. Am glad you enjoyed yourself in Bumblebee and appreciated all the little extras. I know how easy it is to forget things when packing for holidays (we once forgot the boys shoes when they were little!) and so I wanted to make sure that the cottages were well-stocked. I want my guests to have a great holiday experience as it's so nice to get away as a family. I know what you mean about living there, I feel sad every time I come home. We'd love to welcome you back, so please get in touch when you've got new dates.
claireabe...
UK
“Bumbletastic”
Reviewed 18 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

This has been our 3rd visit to Bumblebee Cottage and once again we weren't disappointed. As said in previous reviews there is everything you need for a comfortable stay and to entertain all ages including the furry kids . It literally feels like it's home from home. For some reason there is enough cutlery & crockery for a street party I'd love it even more if big bath sheets were available - bath towels just don't give me the same level of coziness, but fab that towels are available anyway.
We love this area of the coast & can recommend the Royal Oak nearby for good pub grub, the Park & Ride at Scarborough is fab & incredibly cheap. We ventured to Whitby this time too & used their Park & Ride although it was double the price.
We've eaten at The Buccaneer & Italian in Filey, love The Coffee Shed too and the restaurant on the front above the beach shop which is even dog friendly too. On the whole I would recommend Bumblebee Cottage and Jenny is fabulous, very attentive & aims to sort out any problems with minimal fuss & in a timely manner.
Thanks again Jenny ☺

18 Apr 2017
Thanks for your lovely review - you've always been great guests and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back again soon for your 4th visit! Thanks for the feedback on places to visit and also your comment about the towels. When I come to replace them I will get some bath sheets as I am always looking for ways to ensure that our guests have the best possible experience. Take care and hopefully we will see you again before too long
A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect cosy cottage with everything you need for a holiday by the sea”
Reviewed 22 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Bumblebee cottage is excellent, it has everything you could possibly need for a comfortable stay. Even on a rainy day you could never be bored of things to do in this cottage, there is the biggest a collection of DVD's, games and books. There are even toys for the dogs. The Bay is a beautiful resort, very well maintained and the pool and facilities are fantastic. We give this property 10/10 and will look forward to returning again and would recommend to friends and family.

Bev & Ewan and the two springer spaniels Gem Gem and Badger Bobs. x

23 Mar 2017
What a fantastic review! Thanks for taking the time to tell us how much you enjoyed staying at Bumblebee Cottage, and thank you for recommending us to to family and friends. We really appreciate when guests take the time to do this. We'd love to welcome you and your two lovely spaniels back, so please get in touch when you've got new dates
Diane H
“Home away from Home”
Reviewed 2 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

The cottage is in a very easy accessible location, the beach is a 7 minute walk away, although quite steep going towards the end - great fun when pushing a pushchair back up lol
The cottage itself has everything you need for a comfortable stay - there is more cutlery than you can shake a stick at, highchair, pots, pans, crockery, games galore and more dvd's than I have ever seen in one collection! - and the welcome pack was a wonderful, thoughtful touch.
The swimming pool on site was clean and well managed, the kids loved it.
Filey is only a 5 minute drive away, an although we only briefly visited due to the weather, I'm sure you could make a day out of going.
Scarborough is also a short drive away and would be a good place to go if you fancied a bit more hustle and bustle.
Overall I would recommend this cottage to anybody, as Jenny communicates excellently, the cottage is clean and well equipped and the price is not extortionate.

2 Mar 2017
What a lovely review Diane. We really appreciate it when guests take the time to let others know how much they enjoyed staying with us. As you say, Bumblebee Cottage is in a lovely location, close to Filey and a short walk to the beach. I'm glad that you liked all the little extras and we'd love to welcome you back again soon, so please get in touch when you're next thinking of a break by the sea
kristiant...
Leeds, United Kingdom
“The Perfect Autumn Get-Away”
Reviewed 23 February 2017 for a stay in November 2015

From the moment my wife and I walked in here we felt so at home. The place is so cosy and welcoming and what a treat to find a few welcome gifts on the table. The cottage is decorated in such a homely way and when it came to the end of our stay, we both felt so very sad to be leaving.

We always try to get away to the coast in the late autumn as it is so quiet and relaxing. Having a rather large dog it is never easy finding a place that can accommodate us. We were delighted to stumble upon this place and manage to get a stay for such a good price.

The cottage is located in the middle of The Bay, where used to stand the old Filey Butlins. I could not believe my eyes when we pulled into the estate, the local amenities are excellent, with a pool, a gym, a pub and several places to eat... and as the name of the estate suggests, this is right on the bay side and minutes walk from one of the UK's most stunning beaches. A very relaxing and enjoyable beach walk to the town and back again.

The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need to make a lovely meal... there really was nothing missing. we have recommended this to a few friends and we know that at least one of them has been more than once now.

I have begged my wife to go back here and we will be planning our next visit very soon.

23 Feb 2017
Thank you for such a lovely review. Am glad you found Bumblebee to be so welcoming. We want my guests to feel like it is a home from home. As we love cooking we made sure that the kitchen was really well equipped as there is nothing more annoying than arriving at a self-catering cottage to find the kitchen hasn't got the equipment to cook a meal in! As you say, Filey Bay is beautiful and only a short stroll from the cottage. Am glad you had a great time and we look forward to welcoming you all back soon, you were great guests
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing