“Excellent accommodation and value for money...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of 22 The Parade

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
jjslydle
Thetford, United Kingdom
“Excellent accommodation and value for money! Recommended.”
Reviewed 21 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

For the price this was the best value self catering accommodation we have ever found. Immaculately clean, very tastefully furnished and decorated. Having all the linen included, plus heating and lighting and other little luxuries such as the TV in the bedroom and dishwasher is not standard for self catering let alone at this price.
Lovely views over the countryside from the bedroom, pity we chose a very foggy week and couldn't always appreciate this!
We didn't use the facilities which was our choice but understand from others they were very good.
The only criticism we had and this would be down to the village management not the apartment owners was the restricted parking at the back (think people need white lines to park considerately) and the very bright street lights on all night outside - don't think this is necessary.
As others have said, yes the curtains are light but I say if you are tired you will sleep - we certainly did but the lights outside are over the top.
All in all would thoroughly recommend this apartment, wish we could find an equivalent other places we stay!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cleanliness and all inclusiveness of the apartment.
Liked least: The parking.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
justjans
Traralgon, Australia
“Underwhelming”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

The property was 3 miles out of Filey so away from the busy holiday makers there. I really liked having a washing machine, dishwasher and the oven and hobs worked well. Now-the bad stuff that we couldn't be bothered having someone in to fix-couldn't buzz someone up from the front door-the buzzer upper is broken. The exhaust fan and the adjustable head of the shower in bathroom-broken/not working. 6 lights, including the one over the hob, not working in kitchen area.. Bed has the WORST pillows I have ever paid to sleep on (note to others-take your own if you can). Bed also has sheets that don't fit and no mattress protector so you are sleeping directly where others have before. Carpet needs cleaning or chucking, curtains let in way too much light but you mightn't notice that if the sheets stayed tucked in and the pillows weren't crappy pancakes. Sofa is sagging and dining chairs are sagging and wonky! Kitchen lacks a decent sized saucepan, peeler, tongs, serving spoon and salad servesr. With no airer or outdoor lines to hang our washing on, the flat ended up looking like a Chinese laundry when we did our washing. I know the property is relatively cheap but even in cheap places I don't think the problems above shouldn't be fixed!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quiet location out of Filey
Liked least: Property is sadly run down and in need of ongoing maintenance
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
27 Aug 2014
Hi

The bed has a mattress protector the same as the pillow cases and I have not had anyone else complain about not having a good night sleep. the carpet is no worse than I have seen in a 4 or 5 star hotel. I had the shower mended just before your arrival by a qualified plumber. I will have it checked and if it is broken I can only assume you are one of your party are responsible. It would have helped if you had notefied me during your stay of the adverse points you have put on trip advisor. Please inform us of where you usually holiday as it must be out of this world and perfect at a cheap price
Rob H
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Nice apartment for a couple...couple of minor improvement could make it excellent...”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

My partner and I stayed for 3 nights over a wet weekend in August. Apartment clean and the three rooms spacious. Parking was fine and convenient. The bath was large and all appliance and electrical items modern. The shower bracket was cracked meaning the shower head would not hold up. This may be recent and not reported but it means a non-relaxing shower and more chance of escaping water. I would like to have seen some plug socket covers to make a little more child friendly, but appreciate this isn't an issue for some people. We use the pool one day with my daughter which was free and a nice touch - all clean and modern. Walked to the private beach one day, which was beautiful, even on an average day. Sort the shower and the awkward outside door and it would have got 5 stars. Still very good and I would recommend to a friend/family

Travelling group: Young Children
Lisa H
Swanwick, United Kingdom
“Could have been better”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

My partner, my dog & I stayed at 22 The Parade for a few days and I must say the apartment was lovely but a few issues let it down. When I raised these issues to Bev the owner when we got back home I was told via email that everything I had raised was a lie. She didn't seem interested I what I had to say and I must admit this was very unprofessional. It seems to me that Bev is only in it for the money and doesn't actually care what people have to say. She even accused me of leaving my dog in the apartment on her own which was not true and then proceeded to say ' I hope there isn't any damage'. This upset me a lot and wasn't the kind of reaction I would expect. They also don't tell you when you book that you can't check in until 4.30pm, this is something that should be made clear before you book. All in all, our weekend away was lovely but Bev left a very sour taste in my mouth, not the kind of attitude you would expect from a 'professional'.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
15 Jul 2014
You have not stated your issues and why I said they were untrue. My response were polite but I could accept what you had said

thanks Bev
Iamdarko
“Would definitely recommend”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

I have just returned from a Monday to Friday stay with my girlfriend and 6mnth old son. I would definitely recommend it. There is pretty much everything you need in the apartment.

The site the apartment is on is very nice. There is a nice cafe which we had breakfast at most mornings, and the food at pub was very nice too. We also took out nipper to the pool which is brilliant for kids. Also its with in easy reach of various seaside towns.

I didn't give it a perfect score as a few little bits let it down slightly, like the curtains in the bedroom being too thin and letting the sun in; I like it pitch black :)
But for the money it was brilliant value. And I would stay again as we had a brilliant time.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing