“Great”
Review of The Stables

The Stables
Ranked #1 of 184 Restaurants in Scunthorpe
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a family run business serving only freshly prepared and cooked food as your food orders are placed. We serve Traditional Greek Food along with Our Specials, Grills, Fish and Vegetarian Dishes. We also serve Greek Wines and Beers to accompany our Menu and Taverna Setting.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely evening yesterday at the stables and felt I should share my experience. My family went on the off chance that we could get a table and from the first second were welcomed and made to feel very comfortable. The service was fantastic and the food some of the best we've ever tasted.my kids loved the whole evening and can't wait to go again. We had the meat meze which even now thinking about how good it was is making me hungry all over again the waitress is in my opinion a fine example of how it should be done,the kids loved her and our drinks never reached the bottom. The whole meal was finished off with a talk with the chef which was a nice touch.great place,food and service we will def be revisiting. Many thanks keep up the good work

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Just had a really lovely evening at the Stables....Charlotte and the rest of the staff were so friendly and welcoming..had a drink in the conservatory before dinner, very relaxing...lovely Greek Taverna feel...food was delicious and very well presented and truly authentic....Chris the chef made the time to come out and have a chat which was much appreciated and very interesting....he has captured a gap in the market ..love Greek cuisine so lovely to have a local Greek restaurant..i had the Fish meze which I would highly recommend and my husband had beef stifado which he thoroughly enjoyed, we will return again very soon....

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The venue is warm and inviting, the staff are friendly and helpful, and the food was delicious.
I have already recommended this restaurant to my friends.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Visited with my husband at a peak time, the restaurant was full with a large group and other smaller groups and couples. Despite this, the service was excellent and everything was available from the menu which leaves you spoilt for choice between traditional meats, fish and pasta dishes not to mention the great selection of Greek food on offer as well.
The staff really care that you are enjoying your experience and are on hand when needed without being intrusive.
At the end of our 2 course meal, which with a bottle of wine was very reasonable, the Head Chef came out to see how we had enjoyed the meal. He is a friendly, Cypriot with a lot of experience and it definitely comes across in his food.
Can't recommend it enough! Will be going back soon with family and friends to try some more of the delicious dishes.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We booked the stables for my 30th birthday family meal of 28. We had the whole restaurant to ourselves. Everyone had pre booked there meal well in advance, majority of us had 3 course meal. A few were vegetarians and gluten free, the staff on the night were couldn't be more helpful , extremely friendly and nothing could be to much trouble. Charlotte and Sarah were fantastic on the night and could thank them enough for effort. The food were faultless and Chris managed to get everyone meals out on time for 28 guest was fantastic . Some of the family had never been to stables due to not being local but were amazed just how good the stables was.
The stables is faultless and couldn't of asked for a better 30th birthday thanks to Chris Charlotte and Sarah plus other staff.
This restaurant is a must visit if you havent been before . There isn't many chefs who can cook aswell as Chris From Italian and Greek food plus caters for everyone needs.
Will be visiting again very soon

Date of visit: January 2018