2 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUSD 101
eDreamsUSD 101
Trip.comUSD 101
2,382 results
All reviews murder mystery superior room groupon deal health club evening meal steam room spa facilities walk in shower swimming pool bar menu four poster bed three course meal two night stay food was lovely great night both mornings tea and coffee
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 October 2020

Rooms are large, clean, comfy and bathroom is a good size
Breakfast is very tasty, served by wonderful staff
Bar meals and drinks are reasonably priced
Location is in the country-side, so a good place to unwind and relax
All the staff we met were polite, warm and friendly
This hotel is lovely

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank billy b
Andrew Borland, General Manager at The Olde Barn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2020

Thank you for your kind comments. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 6 October 2020

Overall the stay was good. The one way system worked although there were some people that were not pulled up for not wearing masks. The pool was lovely and all areas were clean. If you are visiting any places of interest make sure they are open before booking, we ended up just walking the gardens as the houses we visited were closed.

Date of stay: October 2020
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Andrew Borland, General Manager at The Olde Barn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2020

Thank you for your review. i am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for raising the point about masks - I shall remind the team of the importance of everyones' compliance. I do hope you will return to us at some point in the future

Reviewed 3 October 2020

Reception is very inviting, despite COVID limitations, staff all very friendly and work hard. Hotel well laid out and rooms exceptional for the money - just a pity they had "problems with one of the boilers" so radiators never got more than warm. The bar was the only eating place in the evening and it was freezing, until we got them to get out electric heaters. The log fire is fake!
Dinner was reasonable, but not particularly hot.
Breakfast is served in the dining room (the old barn which is nice) and was hot, but service could be slow. Couldn't understand the management ruling that all hot drinks are served in paper cups (COVID)? and only paper cups are issued in the rooms, no glasses at all, only in bar??
No maid service during stay - fresh towels (useful to a decorator for rubbing down doors before final gloss coat) and tea/coffee etc available from reception in plastic sacks.
Am sure it'll be a great place to stay once COVID is behind us. Full marks to the staff.

Room tip: Get an upgrade to an executive room
Date of stay: September 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased you enjoyed aspects of your stay and found our staff helpful. I take note of your comments on dinner and breakfast and also the use of disposable cups, which I accept is slightly inconsistent when we use glass in the bar. I shall review that policy with the team , and will revisit food service with the relevant team. I alos note your comment on maid service - again thisn policy was introduced during the pandemic to avoid staff entering a guest room during their stay. This too will be reviewd with our head office in the near future. I do hope you will consider returning to us when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 25 September 2020 via mobile

We arrived after dark but found ample parking. Prior to arrival there was good communication about hotel details - check-in and out times, covid restrictions etc and on check-in the one way flow was explained well to us. The hotel is very nicely decorated and our room was a good size and clean. We stayed with a Buyagift voucher for dinner, bed and breakfast. Dinner was in the bar - the food was good and table service easy - it was a Sunday night and fairly quiet in the bar but still a nice atmosphere. The 4 instead of 5 stars was for the breakfast service - the breakfast itself was ok but the service not so and it marred the end of our stay a little. Saying that I would recommend the place and would stay there again if I was in the area.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank O8277SAsandrah
Andrew Borland, General Manager at The Olde Barn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that breakfast service was poor on your last day. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 23 September 2020

We used our buy a gift at this hotel. The room was spacious and very comfortable and clean.There was both a shower and a bath. The food was very good and the staff were all excellent. The Covid precautions were brilliant. THE SWIMMING POOL had graduated steps and was a real treat along with the Jacuzzi. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a lovely retreat.Nothing is too much trouble thankyou for an excellent stay. Alison and Kevin Potts.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank alisonpotts

Thank you for your feedback and kind comments. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back very soon.