Lowest prices for your stay
USD 86
USD 83
PricelineUSD 86
eDreamsUSD 86
FindHotelUSD 86
All reviews train station car park the sofa bed per night two night stay would definitely stay here again clean hotel reception staff central location visiting family business trip hairdryer
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 June 2016

Spire level with IHG, and first time I have stayed in the new version of the HI Express room. Really impressed with the room, furniture and features (like usb charging sockets in the plugs). Though the room looked really smart. Prefer the small table to work as than the desk. Bed was comfortable. There was also a great big window to let some light in.

The only downside I saw was a bit 'snagging' needs done in the bathroom, as there was a crack and some loose wall tiles.

the car park also looks a bit limited in spaces.

Wish all the Hi Expresses were like this!

Room tip: One end of the hotel is right next to railway station, although I was at that end and barely noticed it.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Sophie B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grimsby, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2016

Dear Durham_Bloke_UK,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Grimsby and for sharing your kind review.

We are pleased to hear you liked the room, all of its features and the big window letting in lots of light.

Once again thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

A small group of us arrived at this Hotel for the Armed Forces weekend being staged in nearby Cleethorpes. The hotel was easy to find and was in a quiet location, although very close to the town centre and it's nightlife. The train station is about 400 yards from the hotel which made our journey to Cleethorpes swift. I can't praise the staff enough as a semi wheelchair user. They really could not do enough for us. Well done to all staff that were on during the weekend of June 24th to 26th. I applaud you, you had a very busy hotel

Room tip: I think all the rooms and floors were quiet as we were disperssed over different floors and none of us heard noise
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Sophie B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grimsby, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Dear KevenJ1959,

Thank you for your wonderful review, we are so pleased to see your comment "I can't praise the staff enough" and I am so happy to note that they couldn't do enough for you.

I am also pleased to read that you found the hotel easily and that you found us to be in a good location.

Once again thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

This place is immaculate
Very high standards
We arrived late at night 2330 and was told the bar was open all night very happy
The rooms are in a top Modden condition 5 star plus
We would highly recommend this hotel but grimsby is a let down or as we can say this town lives up to its name It's Grim

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Tony S,

What a great review, we really loved reading your lovely comments.

I am really pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be immaculate and in a top modern condition.

I am especially happy to note that you would highly recommend us.

Once again thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

I had to stay in Grimsby for Armed Forces Day weekend at the national event in Cleethorpes and used my Platinum Ambassador perk to get a room here. I had hired a white van man to bring my large mobility scooter to the event and the issue was where to park it. This is the first of the fourth generation Holiday Inn Express hotels, and they have got the design spot on in my opinion. Firstly the staff were wonderful, they could not have been more helpful and pleasant.
The room was excellent, a great design, a proper shower and room to move around in. The best feature of all is a socket by the bed with two USB charger outlets, so simple and so useful.
Breakfast was excellent on both days, good quality sausages, and a toaster that actually makes toast, not warm bread. On the second evening I had the 12 inch pizza and it was piping hot and great.
For whatever reason I will definitely go back there, lovely hotel, and great staff, oh and the scooter, they parked it in the conference room, so I could charge it overnight, just a great way to look after a guest. Thank you.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Magickpyggie,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review, it is great to read such lovely comments.

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed many aspects of the hotel from the design and facilities to the breakfast and service by staff.

Once again thank you for your feedback. We do hope to see you again soon and when we do we will have the conference room ready for you to charge your scooter again.

Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

I stayed here before just after it opened and found it to be excellent with really friendly staff and was pleased to see things haven't changed. Some familiar faces amongst the staff but the same warm welcome. Room was as you would expect, clean tidy and comfortable. Bar food is limited but the pizza and burger options were as good as you would get in a fast food joint.
Breakfast was available from 6.30 so a real bonus.
Parking in the small car park is now controlled by a barrier so a bit of a pain but plenty free parking close by.
I'd go back.....

Trip type: Travelled on business
Sophie B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grimsby, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

Dear Niseach16,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are pleased to note you liked the friendly staff, clean rooms and bar food.

Once again thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.