The St. James Hotel Grimsby
  • Breakfast included
Ginnie's(Cleethorpes)
Kings Royal Hotel(Cleethorpes)
View Hotel
All reviewsshopping centrebit datedhotel is situatedhotel staffshort staycar parkingsunday morningexcellent value for moneystayed here for one nightrailway stationan overnight stayevening mealchurchminsterpubsappearance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2012

What the hotel lacks in decor the staff certainly make up for it with excellent service! Was weary after reading other reviews but to be fair you pay for what you get. The hotel was good value for money, clean and breakfast was fab! All staff we encountered exceeded our expectations! Will be back when visiting family again.

• Stayed: July 2012
PEG80, Manager at The St. James Hotel Grimsby, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear 1982Godwin
Thank you so much for the comment that you posted to tripadvisor about the St James hotel and in particularly the service you recieved. Our aim is to make up for the tired looking decor in the Customer service we can offer.
I will pass on your comment to the staff.
Thank you again and i look forword in welcoming you back to The St James Hotel.
Kind regards

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Staff were amazing organising my daughters wedding. Room was trimmed to perfection and looked stunning. Food was very good and served quickly and without fuss. Restaurant staff really good. Master of Ceremonies outstanding. Room looked amazing in the evening. Disco good but a bit loud. We would highly recommend the St James! Excellent value for money!

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Hilary
Thank you very much for you're review and I'm delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of your Day. Making our guests feel welcome is obviously of paramount importance and feedback such as yours gives us all a tremendous pleasure and keeps us positive.
We are very proud of our reputation for weddings and celebrations and comment like this make it worth while.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, we look forward to seeing you again soon when you’ve recovered from your hectic celebrations.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Stayed on 21st July 2012 for one night with my fiance, we had his mother staying in the next room. Hotel had large wedding partying into the night which meant restaurant was out of use. Rooms were cramped, dirty, smelly and dated, no towels were provided and neither were any toiletries for the bathroom, when we asked for shower gel sachets we were told they didnt provide them, but after speaking to the grumpiest male receptionist he begrudgingly agreed to give us a sachet each!!! tea coffe facilities in the room were awful and the bathroom was filthy, Breakfast next morning was mass produced and tasteless, only bonus was the yoghurts were quite nice!!! Would never go there again and for £120.00 it was a total rip off

Room Tip: Dont stay here!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
PEG80, Manager at The St. James Hotel Grimsby, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Dear Guest

Firstly we thank you for bring to our attention your issues with regard to your recent stay with us here at St James Hotel.

We are aware that our main Restaurant was not available to your during your stay due to the Wedding party however our Crest Suite could have facilitated you. We do cater for Wedding or special occasions this is part of our business. We do state this on our web site that alternative dining areas as available to our guests.

May we say that our new arrival rooms are checked on a daily basis by our housekeeping team and cannot understand why there was no towels or shampoo in your bathrooms please accept our sincere apologies for this oversight. Our Housekeeping team, are very strict on the level of hygiene in our rooms however the ambience of the rooms are admittedly some what outdated. Moving on we are continuing our soft furnishing refurbishments which takes time.

Our breakfast buffet has always received high acclaim from our guests so to read your comment regarding our Breakfast this is quiet disappointing and hurtful we do take pride in our buffet and strive to give good service, tasty food verity and value for money.

We would think that £120.00 for two rooms one sole use for 3 person on a bed and breakfast basis is good value for money.

I was again up set to read the comment regarding the staff as many guests have positive comments to say about all our staff who work at the hotel. We pride ourselves on offering a friendly and professional attitude to all guests.

I thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention as it is the only way we can progress and meet our customers exceptions.

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 July 2012

We stayed here overnight in a family room it was a business/family visiting trip and the hotel was very reasonably priced for the 3 of us and the hotel itself is very well situated for shopping,1 minute round the corner is the main shopping centre. The room was dated but it was clean and tidy and had all facilities we required, they are in need of a facelift though just to bring it up to the more modern decor that people are used to nowadays.

It was a weekday so there were quite a few workmen staying in the hotel but this was not a problem at all, they did not affect our stay. The staff are all very friendly and nothing was too much trouble even when we asked for an extra pillow at 11pm,(there were 2 extras in the room) they were great with our 8 year old Son too.

Breakfast was lovely, the selection was great! I would stay here again if we needed somewhere cheap with the kids but not for a romantic break with my husband.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest

We thanks you for your feedback, it’s always good to receive reviews from our guests. We were delighted to learn that you and your family were comfortable and enjoyed your stay with us.

Indeed we are upgrading our bedrooms and public area and many other facets of the property, we take all comment on board and we are continuing to upgrade the hotel and room facilities accordingly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and assure you of our personal attention at all time.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I stayed here overnight on business & although the staff were very friendly, I sadly wouldn't stay here again. When you walk in the hotel you get a nice polite welcome & the staff are all great, but the hotel itself looks so tired & worn. According to management there is a facelift happening but if I'm honest I didn't see any proof of that. The rooms were clean & tidy, but very basic and very dated. The bed gave me a bad back it was that hard. The bathroom was tidy & fairly clean. But again very dated. My one annoyance out of it all was breakfast serving times upto 9am. Considering I arrived at 1130pm the previous night I thought it was very early to finish breakfast. I was never actually told when checking in when breakfast hours were, I thought honestly though that it would of been upto 1030am at least. I think this could be a really nice hotel if the refurb was all done maybe I would try again. But sadly I don't recommend this hotel for couples.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
PEG80, Manager at The St. James Hotel Grimsby, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at St James Hotel in Grimsby

I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and as the General Manager I have passed on your comments to all my hotel team, regarding the explanation of the breakfast. i can assure you that food is served all day and may the breakfast buffet is not avaliable at 9am but you can have food from 7am until 9.30pm.

Indeed we are upgrading our bedrooms and public area and many other facets of the property, all comment are taken seriously and will be action accordingly with the relevant management. We have done much work on the hotel over the year, but do understand we need to keep progressing with the refurbishment.

Please call me on 0844 7368612 or email me on gm.stjames@corushotel.com to discuss this further.

Kind