“Amazing ”
Review of Gurkha 91

Gurkha 91
Ranked #5 of 43 Restaurants in Bourne
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I popped in on the off chance as we have been wanting a good curry for a while. We have been disappointed in visits to other restaurants , but I had read good reviews on TA so thought why not? It was a Monday night and we were the first ones in. Very pleasant host, who said we could sit anywhere we wanted. The menu looked fantastic, so many lovely dishes to choose from but when going somewhere new I choose my old favourites that way I can compare. Wow! Amazing light poppadums abd pickle tray. I could've eaten those all night. I had onion bhaji to start. Beautifully presented and 2 huge bhajis that were so tasty and crispy. I didn't want to stop eating them . No greasey taste just full of flavour. Yum. My husband had lamb momo. First time trying these. There was enough for a main meal but again full of flavour and delicious. Next we had chicken jalfrezi. Again full of flavour and even though it was spicy you could still taste everything. Chicken Rogan josh, mushroom rice, peshwari naan and saag aloo. My husband said it is the best he has ever had and he loves saag aloo. We finished off by sharing a ferrero rocher ice cream dessert . Delicious. By the time we were finishing up the restaurant was getting full. Which is a great testament to somewhere on a Monday evening. We thoroughly enjoyed everything about this restaurant. The staff were so friendly and polite. They never made us feel rushed in anyway. The food is outstanding. Nice selection of wines to choose from too. We can't wait to visit again. Thank you for a really pleasant evening.

1  Thank CambridgeshireDuckie
Krishna L, Manager at Gurkha 91, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Not your usual run of the mill Indian as the Nepalese influence is apparent and produces slightly different flavours.
Excellent food with good service for a reasonable price

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Good food , good service , comfortable venue , slightly expensive for this town , but excellent and interesting cooking and menus

Reviewed 7 July 2018

An excellent place to eat tasty Nepalese food in a lovely atmosphere with very friendly hosts. There is a varied choice of food mainly Nepalese but also vegetarian and more traditional Indian curries.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

We popped in for a meal tonight, as usual the food was fantastic and the service excellent. I don’t think I have ever had a better curry. Everything is so well cooked, not just spicy but tasty too...beautiful fresh white linen on the tables means that it feels just a little bit more luxurious than your average restaurant..even the coffee at the end of the meal was, as ever, properly served. Would highly recommend but it is popular so best to book when it is busy...it is a little bit away from where we live but always worth the effort to drive there..

1  Thank breezybaggins