All reviews the pub green room an enjoyable evening leicestershire village raspberry sorbet bacon sandwich pork belly full english room was lovely and clean steak night work colleagues quiet village timothy taylor cooked breakfast village green bar area booked a table
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Went to The Star Inn for the 1st time on a Saturday night. It was husband's work colleagues & friends leaving party. The service was very nice but perhaps a little slow as we sat down about 8pm & received our main courses just after 9pm although some people did have starters. The food was beautiful. There was a nice atmosphere & it's nicely decorated. We couldn't see a car park but managed to park on the road. Was an enjoyable evening & meal. Would recommend.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Legintonic, Owner at The Star Inn 1744, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Hi Lizzie
Thank you for your review and so pleased you enjoyed yourself at the Star Inn, I'll be sure to pass on your lovely comments about the food to the Chef.
We are a fresh food restaurant and preparation does sometimes take a little longer however we normally aim to have a main course served in 30 minutes.
Hope to see you again very soon.
Very best
Alistair Richardson
PS If you like to dine earlier in the evening you might be interested in our early bird 1744 dining offer which is available for one hour from 5.44pm until 6.44pm Monday to Thursday and we reduce most menu prices by 20% ( this offer excludes existing special offers and not available on Bank Holidays)

Reviewed 3 June 2017

We ate in the bar when we arrived and thought that the food was lovely and reasonably priced. However, our room had no air-con and or was incredibly hot in the room, to the point where it was impossible to sleep under the covers. If you are given room 4 on a warm night, ask for a fan. Otherwise, the room was clean and well kept.

Room Tip: Insist on air con in the summer.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Jeb63
Thank you for your review and valued feedback.
It's not a comment we have had before about room 4 but I understand it was a very hot night when you stayed with us recently, in fact each room at the Star Inn should be equipped with a fan and I have made sure these are now all located in the rooms.
We do have three rooms which were recently fitted with AC and if available these rooms can be requested at no extra cost.
If your in the area again I do hope you choose to stay at the Star Inn.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

After driving by this place once or twice and then looking at their website I decided that I would take my wife out to dinner when she returned from a working trip.
Oh my!
The has a nice look and appeared to have a few locals enjoying the drinks so we anticipated a good evening ahead but after being ingnored at the bar for a full seven minutes we were served by two staff with our two drinks!
As the young man was pouring my choice of beer I asked if he knew the alcohol volume (I was driving). He looked at the label on his side of the pump, looked at me with that young mans exasperated expression and replied "four"
Our drinks were fine but the couldn't give a damn, surly attitude meant we weren't staying for dinner so we supped up and left.
I will explain that my tolerance levels for inattentive service are pretty low, I did bear in mind that I was in a pub but when three staff behind the bar were engaged with one customer and looked my right in the eye and still ignored me...their time was up.
Never again!
On the plus side mind, we found a place in another village with engaging staff, nice drinks pleasantly served and very good food.
The StarvInn 1744 is more likely!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hankphoto
Legintonic, Owner at The Star Inn 1744, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Dear Hankphoto.
Is that your real name? anyway whoever you are! thank you for your review, of course its quite unacceptable to wait up to 'seven' long minutes to be served a beer on a busy night.
Perhaps I should explain, we are training new staff, and yes unsurprisingly our new unprofessional young barman had to check the alcohol content of your beer, thanks for being sooo patient and understanding! however as i'm sure you are aware the alcohol content is actually indicated on the customer facing beer heads which the new barman had to read to be sure.
I should mention here, that I quite rightly considered asking TripAdvisor to remove your rather miserable 'one star review' from our hotel review page as you didn't actually stay in our lovely bedrooms or experience the great food served in our restaurant.
Quite honestly Hankphoto,,, I know we're not perfect, but who is! but believe me we certainly do give a damn.
Normally I would take a poor review on the chin and try and rectify any genuine problem, but on this occasion I have to say your rather sour, ill tempered and impatient review is so completely unfair as it's based on such a short wait at the bar, beyond that! you didn't experience what we have to offer, so I believe it's quite unreasonable to anonymously deride us based on that.
Having said that,,, anonymous reviewer or not!
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and as I believe the review says as much about you! as it says about us,,, I thoughtbest to let it stand and allow others to judge.
Kind Regards
Nigel Richardson
Owner of The Star Inn.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely evening here. Arrived late but the staff accommodated us with evening meal. Highly recommend the succulent belly pork with Madeira sauce. Friendly staff and good service. Room was top rate which included cooked breakfast. Many thanks

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Paul
Thank you for your review and so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Star Inn, I'll be sure to pass on your great comments to the team.
Hope to see you again soon.
Very best

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Having moved to Leicestershire just over a year we thought we would try different pubs every time we go out for meals. We found The Star Inn 1744. Absolutely amazing meal & service. What a gem of a place in a small Leicestershire village.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Paul M
Thank you for your great review.
It's alway great to hear good feedback and I'll pass your comments on to the team.
just a thought but If you like to dine earlier in the evening you might be interested in our early bird 1744 dining offer which is available for one hour from 5.44pm until 6.44pm Monday to Thursday we reduce most menu prices by 20% ( this offer excludes existing special offers and not available on Bank Holidays)
Hope to see again very soon.
Kind regards