All reviews the pub green room an enjoyable evening raspberry sorbet bacon sandwich pork belly full english room was lovely and clean steak night work colleagues sunday lunch timothy taylor village green bar area breakfast room waiting staff an evening meal
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

After driving by this place once or twice and then looking at their website I decided that I would take my wife out to dinner when she returned from a working trip.
Oh my!
The has a nice look and appeared to have a few locals enjoying the drinks so we anticipated a good evening ahead but after being ingnored at the bar for a full seven minutes we were served by two staff with our two drinks!
As the young man was pouring my choice of beer I asked if he knew the alcohol volume (I was driving). He looked at the label on his side of the pump, looked at me with that young mans exasperated expression and replied "four"
Our drinks were fine but the couldn't give a damn, surly attitude meant we weren't staying for dinner so we supped up and left.
I will explain that my tolerance levels for inattentive service are pretty low, I did bear in mind that I was in a pub but when three staff behind the bar were engaged with one customer and looked my right in the eye and still ignored me...their time was up.
Never again!
On the plus side mind, we found a place in another village with engaging staff, nice drinks pleasantly served and very good food.
The StarvInn 1744 is more likely!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hankphoto
Legintonic, Owner at The Star Inn 1744, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Dear Hankphoto.
Is that your real name? anyway whoever you are! thank you for your review, of course its quite unacceptable to wait up to 'seven' long minutes to be served a beer on a busy night.
Perhaps I should explain, we are training new staff, and yes unsurprisingly our new unprofessional young barman had to check the alcohol content of your beer, thanks for being sooo patient and understanding! however as i'm sure you are aware the alcohol content is actually indicated on the customer facing beer heads which the new barman had to read to be sure.
I should mention here, that I quite rightly considered asking TripAdvisor to remove your rather miserable 'one star review' from our hotel review page as you didn't actually stay in our lovely bedrooms or experience the great food served in our restaurant.
Quite honestly Hankphoto,,, I know we're not perfect, but who is! but believe me we certainly do give a damn.
Normally I would take a poor review on the chin and try and rectify any genuine problem, but on this occasion I have to say your rather sour, ill tempered and impatient review is so completely unfair as it's based on such a short wait at the bar, beyond that! you didn't experience what we have to offer, so I believe it's quite unreasonable to anonymously deride us based on that.
Having said that,,, anonymous reviewer or not!
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and as I believe the review says as much about you! as it says about us,,, I thoughtbest to let it stand and allow others to judge.
Kind Regards
Nigel Richardson
Owner of The Star Inn.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely evening here. Arrived late but the staff accommodated us with evening meal. Highly recommend the succulent belly pork with Madeira sauce. Friendly staff and good service. Room was top rate which included cooked breakfast. Many thanks

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Legintonic, Owner at The Star Inn 1744, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Hi Paul
Thank you for your review and so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Star Inn, I'll be sure to pass on your great comments to the team.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Having moved to Leicestershire just over a year we thought we would try different pubs every time we go out for meals. We found The Star Inn 1744. Absolutely amazing meal & service. What a gem of a place in a small Leicestershire village.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Paul M
Thank you for your great review.
It's alway great to hear good feedback and I'll pass your comments on to the team.
just a thought but If you like to dine earlier in the evening you might be interested in our early bird 1744 dining offer which is available for one hour from 5.44pm until 6.44pm Monday to Thursday we reduce most menu prices by 20% ( this offer excludes existing special offers and not available on Bank Holidays)
Hope to see again very soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 29 April 2017

I tried to use the online booking system but to no avail. It let me make our booking and I received a receipt but three days later a phone call said that they'd just picked up our booking and would prove to be a problem to them as too many were at the same time. We reluctantly moved as we did not want our service compromised. We have booked before online e and the same thing happened but we thought this was a fluke obviously not. Do not use this system as it doesn't work as they don't view it for ages.
The meal we did have was good. The choices were many and we all had different ones. All the food arrived together and very warm. Cooked well and very tasty. However portion size were small. Perhaps it's a ploy to ensure you spend more on a dessert.
Coffee very expensive but poor quality.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Hi Jackie
Thanks for your feedback, and so pleased you enjoyed your meal with us, however odd comment about the coffee as most feedback is that our fresh coffee is excellent value and quality.
Regarding your difficulty with our booking process, we've recently installed a new room booking system to help resolve some of the issues you have raised and going forward we hope to improve our booking process to avoid any similar issues.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

We visited the Star Inn tonight. There was eight of us in our party. We received a very friendly welcome and the service was excellent. The food was nicely presented and excellent quality. Would definitely go back if in the area and would highly recommend. Many thanks.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank FrequentFlier440843

Hi
I'm so pleased your party enjoyed your night out at the Star Inn.
If you visit us again and like to dine earlier in the evening you might be interested in our early bird 1744 dining offer which is available for one hour from 5.44pm until 6.44pm Monday to Thursday and we reduce most menu prices by 20% ( this offer excludes existing special offers and not available on Bank Holidays)
Alistair