Stayed here over the weekend as we were on a works night out close by. We were greeted at Reception by Sophie who was lovely. All smiley and asking how our journey had been, where we had travelled from etc. Told us all about the hotel facilities, what time breakfast was and the like. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom again was clean and had lovely big fluffy towels and a nice powerful shower. The TV was the old style and I know some people on this site get a bit upset over this but come on, does it really matter? As long as it works, it's fine. On return to the hotel after our meal we stayed in the lounge area having drinks. Again service was brilliant and I'm sure we must have driven Scott mad by the time we left to go to our rooms at 6am. I used the pool in the morning and again greeted by a lovely lady who booked me in (sorry can't remember her name as I hadn't woken up properly) changing rooms clean, pool and steam rooms etc all spotless. The pool is only small but as there was only me in it didn't really matter. After finally managing to wake my other half we got down for breakfast at 10.20. The lady there told us that it had finished at 10 (I thought it was half past). We said it didn't matter and made to leave. She told us that she would speak to the chef and to take a table. We sat in the conservatory bit overlooking the lake, gorgeous view. We than had our order taken for a full cooked breakfast which arrived in about 5 minutes, it was lovely too. Just what was needed after a heavy night. Coffee arrived promptly too. On check out Sophie again was on reception, asked about what we'd be up to for the rest of the day etc. On the whole this hotel is everything you need and in a lovely spot but the main part for me is the absolutley brilliant service. All the staff that we met were so friendly and helpful, they would be an asset to any company. Keep it up, we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Macdonald Kilhey Court Hotel, a perfectly accessible place to do business and to unwind, just 10 minutes drive from the M6 and M61 motorways directly between Manchester and Liverpool. Take advantage of unlimited, free WiFi throughout the hotel, a comfortable night's sleep and relax in the spa at the hotel. The hotel has completed a refurbishment programme to upgrade 14 bedrooms, rejuvenate the bar, restaurant and reception. Following a day on the road or in the meeting room, there's plenty of ways to unwind at Macdonald Kilhey Court Hotel. We're passionate about the quality of food that we offer, sourcing fresh, quality ingredients to craft simple but flavoursome dishes. Try our award-winning food in the Laureate Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LateRooms, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Kilhey Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Kilhey Court Standish
- Macdonald Kilhey Court Hotel Standish