“Amazing!! ”

Smokies Southern Bbq Darwen
Ranked #1 of 84 Restaurants in Darwen
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Went here on a recommendation from a friend and so glad we did. The food was amazing. Both my partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our meals. I had a burger and my partner had a sharing platter but they halved it for one which was brill. The staff were friendly and very helpful so we will definitely be back again soon.

2  Thank kirstylous

Reviewed 3 September 2017

I have eaten a lot of BBQ in some very trendy places in London - this is probably as good as I have had anywhere and good value too + really friendly staff/owner

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

My wife, kids and I headed up to pendle wavelengths for a swim. It is a distance away from our home town, but we love trying new places.
After the swim, we was debating where to eat. After looking on trip advisor at a lot of places, smokies stood out, moslty as I wanted a burger and it was on the route home. Well, the only thing I can say is wow. The decor is a open and relaxed takeaway and a friendly atmosphere (we could even get a pint next door at the pub and bring it back to our table). The food was amazing, everything tasted full of flavour and the meats just melted in our mouths. No starters or desserts on the menu, but they are not needed. we will be back here and will be trying the chorley branch.
Definitely worth a visit where ever you are coming from. Tho I would add, it would be best to ring as there is limited table space.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I went with my husband and a friend - the food was plentiful and cheap and we took our own drinks. We ate well and the bill came to about £60. Was very happy with everything!

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We booked an early table , Saturday 5pm ( opening time)
We were 20 mins early so went in the pub next door (The Queens) we had heard that Smokies doesn't have a drinks license but you could take drinks in , we asked the landlord of the Queens if we could take our drinks in , he told us that was no problem ( happy days)
On entertaining we were warmly welcomed and shown to our table , menus are written on the wall , along with specials of the day , we ordered and payed , and in no time at all our meal arrived , I had the burger my wife had a chicken dish, I did think the burger was a bit on the small side, but was served with chips and coleslaw, I've got to say I was relieved it was that size because had it been any bigger I wouldn't have finished it, my wife's chicken seemed to go down a treat , we will definitely be frequenting this place a lot more often , only moved to Darwen at the beginning of the year so we're still trying all the places out
big thumbs up for smokies