“The only place to stay in Accrington” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Maple Lodge

The Maple Lodge
Eastbourne
“The only place to stay in Accrington”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

I've recently joined a company which means I have to travel up to Accrington on a weekly basis. Having tried a few other hotels and guest houses in the area I was beginning to wonder if there was anywhere remotely acceptable in the town.
Then I was lucky enough to find The Maple Lodge.
The service is great, the food is great and plentiful. The rooms are comfortable and well kept. Freeview tele and free WiFi are added bonuses.
Seriously, this place is the only place to stay in Accrington as far as I am concerned.

Room Tip: The main hotel is an old building - the rooms are comfy and the decor is very traditional, but the f...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank WearyTraveller42
AccringtonDragon, Owner at The Maple Lodge, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to add this review and are pleased to welcome you on your frequent stays with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Trowbridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

I stayed at the Maple Lodge for two nights 8th & 9th January 2012. Everything about the place is good, very welcoming host in Philip who ensured everything was ready and satisfactory. The breakfast was really good with a large choice from cereals through to full english. This stay was really to check out the establishment as I am looking for a long term stay whilst working in the area. From the two nights I stayed I have booked for the next few months Sun to Friday.

I stay in many establishments over the year but I would really recomend Maple Lodge to anyone looking for real value for money overnight / longer stay accomadation.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank JimTrowbridge
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

I have stayed at Maple Lodge several times and not once have I been disappointed, I first stayed there in March and then a couple of times in the summer and more recently in November. The first time I booked a single room I was pleasantly surprised to discover I had a double room, I later found out that there are no single rooms, only doubles and twin rooms. I suffer with a back condition and don't sleep very well away from home in hotel beds but was very pleased to find that the beds are really comfortable, not once have I found their beds uncomfortable. The showers are lovely and hot, newly decorated and are super clean. The breakfast is very filling with a wide choice from cereals to a full cooked breakfast, you can't fault it, I have also eaten in the evening and again have not been disappointed, everything is cooked to order and fresh, (none of your microwave meals here thank goodness). The landlord and his wife are very friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough to please. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Maple Lodge to my friends and have indeed done so. I'm looking forward to my next visit in the new year.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, quiet and clean, doesn't matter which one you book.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Gateshead, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

Sorry wasn`t impressed by The Maple Lodge. I was working in Clitheroe at the time and i had stayed in a couple of places in Clitheroe, but decided i wanted to stay in a place a little further away from work.
I stayed here for a week. The room was ok a little too small, the bathroom was a little shabby. One the first day i decided to have a meal. I started with tomato soup, which tasted exactly like a tin of Heinz tomato soup. I like heinz Tomato Soup, i just object to paying £3 for it. For my main course i had a cottage pie. this had obviously been stuck in the microwave as it was superheated, so i had to wait for it to cool before i could eat it. When i was able to eat, it was very bland.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank AndyJC1961
Edinburgh, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

Stayed here over night with a colleague while on business in the area. Booking was straightforward, I had a couple of email questions which were dealt with in a very friendly way. I was arriving after the restaurant closed (just) and they very helpfully agreed to serve me later after I arrived. Room was warm, bed comfortable, slept well. Had an excellent home cooked breakfast in the morning. Tea and coffee in the rooms, bar for residents and residents lounge downstairs. Nothing seemed too much trouble so will happily stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AccringtonDragon, Owner at The Maple Lodge, responded to this review, 8 December 2011
Thank you for your reveiw.I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton-le-Moors
0.8 km away
5.3 km away
BEST WESTERN Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf
11.1 km away
BEST WESTERN Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to The Maple Lodge? Share your experiences!