“Although booked had a lengthy wait due to staff shortages”
Review of Harvester

Harvester
Ranked #126 of 183 Restaurants in Burnley
Price range: USD 7 - USD 35
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on a gorgeous countryside farm, The Bentleywood Farm is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and is sure to cater for all your needs. We have a beautiful beer garden surrounded by the rolling Lancashire hills to enjoy in the summer, and our warm and welcoming interiors provide a cosy atmosphere for the colder months. We’re near Blackburn, Halifax and Bury – located just off the M65. The perfect pit stop for nearby walking routes along the canal and country parks or when visiting Gawthorpe Hall or Burnley FC Turf Moor stadium, you will be spoilt for choice with our great selection of grills, award winning rotisserie chicken and fresh unlimited salad bar. Coupled with a friendly and welcoming team, The Bentleywood Farm is an ideal place to meet up with family or friends. We’re also a great place for business meetings, offering free Wifi throughout the restaurant and popular Early Bird and lunch menus.
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Booked a table for Father's day as expected it to be busy, the place was busy but the staff were overstretched, apparently they were short staffed as some members had failed to turn up for shift, but to have a bar unattended is not good.

When we got served the baman was pulled away and told to go and take payment from a table so that this could be cleared.

Eventually st at a small booth, there were 5 of us, even though other tables were free. Ordered our meal and went to the depleted salad bar, overheard the chef shout for someone to tell me my steak would be 45 minutes, oh no make that 30. We didn't get the message. Asked if we wanted small chips or large, this seemed a strange question, never asked that before in a Harvester, turns out they were short of chips as their delivery had not arrived.

Food was OK, not up to the usual standards, staff were as friendly and helpful as they could be in difficult circumstances and I did feel sorry for the strain that they were under.

Just very unprepared for one of their busiest days of the year.

General Manager A, Manager at Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very keen to talk to you further about this visit. if you could call me using the details below I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Food was good but the service was awful. We were one of two tables in and the staff were on phones and chatting. Had to small children with us as it was for my boys fifth birthday. Had to ask for starters to be cleared away and the mains plates took a good twenty minutes to clear. Took 2 hours altogether from the minute we walked in til we left.

General Manager A, Manager at Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Hi Danielle,

I'm really sorry that we didn't deliver the service I would expect my team to provide.

I am very keen to speak to you further about this visit so if you would like to discuss any matter further then please feel free to contact me using the details below.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

We have visited three times now this year and each time was perfect in everyway. Food is unbelievable lots of choice and cooked to perfection. The salad bar is a very good idea you don't have to wait long for your meal to be ready but snacking on unlimited salad helps if you are really hungry on arriving. Staff are very welcoming and pleasant. We tried their new dessert which was delicious and went down a treat even when full after your main meal. Can recommend this place highly.

Hi Julie,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I will ensure that the team get to see your comments and we will all look forward to seeing you again soon!

Many thanks again,

Reviewed 5 June 2017

As a large party of 23 people we pre ordered our food, we was seated very quickly, although waiting a little while to get our starters all the food came out together and was cooked to perfection. we had a mixed age group from 6-70 years old and everyone was very happy with the food and service.

Hi Sean,

Thank you very much for your feedback. The team involved have been informed and are really glad that you enjoyed your experience.

We all look forward to seeing you again Soon!

Thanks,

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Poor food, poor service and poor cleanliness. This is not an expensive eating place, however the food was disappointing. Poorly cooked. My husband ordered fish &chips. The batter was quite greasy, and the fish inside was quite pinkish in colour. We enquirer as to the variety of fish used, only to be told it was cod. I have cooked cod on many occasions and it has never been pink!
We had to queue for some time at the bar to pay our bill. James the general manager eventually came to take our payment.
This place is in need of refurbishment, but whatever the decor it should have been clean. The main doors into the toilets were very dirty, and didn't appear to have been cleaned for some time.
We will not be returning.

General Manager A, Manager at Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2017

Hi there,

I am truly sorry that this experience was not what it should have been. I can assure you that I will feed your comments back to the whole team for us to improve. If you would like to discuss any matter further then please feel free to contact me using the details below.