“Must visit!”

Keam's Yard Studio Gallery
Reviewed 29 October 2016

This is not a commercial souvenir shop but somewhere to view and purchase original artwork at reasonable prices. I have always found the owner most congenial and friendly.
If you are visiting Whitstable this is definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank petess400

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Sinead B's review is very poor and wrong. This is not a local shop where anything goes, including talking on a mobile phone. It is an Art Gallery displaying the artwork of a renowned local artist and is also his own painting studio. It's pretty basic etiquette no to use a mobile phone in this sort of cultural artistic environment. Wonderful oil paintings and prints of local Whitstable scenes.

Reviewed 7 June 2016

This gallery is a gem, with a location to die for. Set next to the sea wall in Whitstable with panoramic views. By the way, there is also a handy car park right next to it. The gallery is owned by Bruce Williams, a chirpy enthusiastic artist who is often to be found working there. However, this talented man is never too busy to chat and share his extensive knowledge with his many visitors. The gallery is a very short walk from the town and close to the Pearsons Arms. Other artists often display their work in Bruces gallery, including some stunning jewellery designed and made by Fraser. Check it out, trust me, you will not be dissapointed!

1  Thank Linda F
Reviewed 12 May 2016

I visited Keam's Yard today and was shocked by the rude treatment I received from the proprietor. I was chatting on the phone to a friend when I entered the shop to look at some artwork for the house that my Mum is moving into. I was not shouting, animated, laughing or doing anything different to other customers chatting in the shop. After I had been in the shop for no more than a minute or two, the proprietor came over to ask me leave, on the basis that I was being "very rude" by taking a call. As I had entered the shop alone, was not disturbing nor in a conversation with anyone else, I found this request shocking and inappropriate. Had I been entering a library, I could perhaps understand but it was a normal shop on a normal busy afternoon. As a local person I have visited Keam's Yard studio many times but certainly will not be doing so again; nor will I recommend that my friends and family who visit frequently do so either. One of the things I like most about living in Whitstable is being part of a small friendly community so it's disappointing to see this sort of behaviour from a local business owner.

5  Thank Sinead B