“Abysmal experience”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We sat down to a dirty table despite a waitress standing around. When she cleaned it she managed to knock crumbs into my lap but no apology. The tomato juice I ordered with Worcester sauce came without so a trip back to bar. The cream tea my husband ordered came without cream! Back to bar and handed a plastic mini tub of cream. This was frozen solid so returned and had to wait for unfrozen cream and, to round off a totally abysmal experience, my lunch didn't appear until we sent the disinterested waitress off to find out what had happened to it. Our anniversary treat was ruined.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

The steak in the Restaurant is the best in town wine list is good staff very friendly and helpful, you can see they have spent a lot of money on this hotel very clean and smart

Reviewed 29 August 2017

The Marine Hotel really stands out in Tankerton on the main road. It’s a lovely hotel with modern décor. We managed to get a seat at the front of the hotel with a stunning view of the beach, the location is perfect. I almost expected the food menu to be a lot more expensive for lunch however it was very reasonable (came to around £30 including two drinks).

Food is ordered at the bar which is a bit different to other places but worked for us. We really wanted to have the crab and crayfish macaroni cheese but they had run out :( Instead we shared the salt beef and cheese specialty sandwich and a brie and sundried tomato veggie burger with sweet chilli jam. Both were delicious and excellent quality however the salt beef sandwich could have been put together a little differently for ease of eating in my opinion. The chips were really good.

We waited quite a while before our table was cleared but that doesn’t really bother me, as we had already paid. All in all, it's an excellent choice in Tankerton/Whitstable. I highly recommend and would return if I'm in Tankerton again.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We've met up with friends here several times for a cheeky beer on the top of the slopes, Great location, very big. The food is very good too and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

My wife and I have visited this hotel many times and have been looked after very well but I have to say that although the food is very nice and well presented the menu is limited and the food too fancy. The portions are also on the small side even for an average diner.

1  Thank Ian T