“Great place for a beer”
Review of The Marine Hotel

The Marine Hotel
Ranked #45 of 136 Restaurants in Whitstable
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We've met up with friends here several times for a cheeky beer on the top of the slopes, Great location, very big. The food is very good too and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

My wife and I have visited this hotel many times and have been looked after very well but I have to say that although the food is very nice and well presented the menu is limited and the food too fancy. The portions are also on the small side even for an average diner.

1  Thank Ian T
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Had a meal for three in the lounge. A good shortish menu with adequate choice of fare. My Whitebait starter was just right in both quality and quantity and the burger to follow was tasty, well presented and cooked how I requested. Drinks are never cheap in the south of England and this was no exception. We three enjoyed our meal and the staff were attentive without being a bore. Well done to them.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

In fairness I was advised the wait for food could be 45 minutes, but in reality it was more like90 . And when the food arrived at best it was ordinary so from my point of view I won't be rushing back

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Lovely summer's day by the seaside, hotel was busy. The bar menu was very limited although when it arrived it was good. We had to ask twice for our table to be cleared although the some staff available who were chatting to customers.
The beer was good also was the bar service, but you felt that wiping and clearing tables was something beneath them.
The Marine will now be my last choice rather than my first
Sorry.