“A bit grim”

Poult Wood Golf Course
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Poult Wood is a picturesque woodland course situated three miles north of Tonbridge and offers a choice of two interesting and challenging courses with Golf Warden on hand, reserved tee time and a great restaurant and bar, ideal for the regular or casual golfer. It has the reputation for being one of the finest quality pay and play courses in the South of England. Five and seven day memberships
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Where do i start arrived at 9.30am to tee off at 9.48 my playing partner was running late so we let the group behind us play first which is the right thing to do not one word of thanks,but our fault so of we started,we reached the first green only to discover that they had been fertilised which we were told by a greenkeeper it as done that morning,our hands and clubs were white by the end of the round i looked for any sign to say it was or had been done none to be found.
When playing from the bunker on the 8th i had a ball from the 12th tee land next to me NO warning given and when i enquired of the gentlemen (and i use that term loosely)he just shrugged his shoulders and laughed.
From this point onwards we where waiting on every tee we spoke to the two ball we let start before us and there answer was it's a public course what do you expect, at which point I said that the old course at st Andrew's is also a public course and far busier than this and you would not be treated like this.
At £18.50 per round it's good value but good value should NOT substitute course etiquette and good manners.
We did try to bring all our points up at the pro shop you can guess how that went.
Finishing on a good note the food and staff in the restaurant were fantastic.
My recommendation would be play the course it's quite good just make sure you video your round in case you are hit by a ball,because some of the staff could not give a stuff.
I strongly recommend and encourage the management of the club to remind all members and visitors that a golf ball is a dangerous thing. Just ask niddry castle golf club.
Should any one from the club care contact me i am more than willing to talk.

Date of experience: March 2017
"bunker"
"ball"
"holes"

Reviewed 26 November 2016

Went with a friend to the 9 hole course and was surprised how good it was. The greens were brilliant and the winter tee's a lot better than other courses.
Only £7.50 a round so a great way to spend an hour and a bit if you want to play a lot of par threes's.
Had a few drinks and some food in clubhouse after and really good, very friendly staff and nice food.

Date of experience: November 2016
1  Thank Chris E
Reviewed 17 October 2016

We had my daughters wedding reception here 15/10/16. The staff ( big shout out for Lisa and really sorry but I have forgotten the chef name) after a bit of a rough few weeks what with change of management and not a lot of our requests written down. They pulled out all the stops for us and made it a very special day. The food was amazing and I would like to save a massive thanks. 10/10

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 29 September 2016

Two golf courses....I usually use the 9 hole as golf as im a fair weather golfer...I play squash at Poult wood...some courts are better than others. Finally the bar is quite nice especially on a hot summers evening you can sit out and see the 18th! I can def recommend!

Date of experience: July 2016
tmactive, Public Relations Manager at Poult Wood Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Thanks so much for your review. Glad you enjoy the facilities at Poult Wood, course, courts and all! We hope you will visit again soon.