“An enjoyable lunchtime curry.”
Review of Gurkha Planet

Gurkha Planet
Reserve with OpenTable
Gurkha Planet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 113 Restaurants in Tonbridge
Price range: USD 20 - USD 30
Cuisines: European, Nepalese
Reviewed 24 July 2018

I regularly meet up with a couple of friends for lunch. We live some distance apart so meet a railway stations. It is getting increasingly difficult to find curry houses that open at lunchtimes and we often feel unwelcome, the staff wishing to close up and get some sleep before the evening session..
The Gurkha Planet was an excellent find. An unpretentious façade, tucked down a side street off the main road A warm welcome by a knowledgeable member of staff,
a good ambiance, nice table linen, very clean, an interesting menu, excellent food. We are planning another lunch soon and will return to Gurkha Planet.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I don’t leave reviews of restaurants but I felt that this place deserves it. Great service doesn’t even come close to describe my experience. Each order we gave was different to the menu yet it came out perfectly.

Just amazed that a place like this exists here.

Very impressed

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Popped in today for lunch with a friend. Food absolutely delicious! Had complementary appetiser, chicken dumpling starter, chicken pidaloo, lamb mustang, pilau rice, mixed dal and garlic and coriander nan. All food tasted freshly prepared with lovely flavours. Desserts were superb. Service was polite and attentive from a charming gentleman. Would eat here every day if I could!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

I have just returned from visiting the Gurkha planet and felt I had to write a review. I’ve never left any reviews before but felt that this is a special place and deserved some praise. Went with my wife and 3 children and had amazing food with a very nice and attentive waiter. This is now my new curry place. Very glad I have found this gem.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Went here with friends and was blown away! The food was amazing and the restaurant is beautiful. The staff are really friendly. Would recommend- we’ll certainly be back!

Date of visit: March 2018