“As expected”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Go often for the children to have a play in the indoor or outdoor play area of a weekend or school holiday. There all you can eat breakfast is good, For every adult and child eats free. Play area is a little expensive for what it is.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I wasn't impressed with the fact they couldn't provide straight glasses and served lager in bitter glasses. I had the vegetarian pasta which probably cost about £1 .50 to make but was charged £8.95! Certainly wasn't worth that. Won't be rushing back!

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We somehow ended up here every evening for the children to play (until 20:00 only) and the adults to relax. There is a fee for the indoor play area. The outdoor play area appeared to be closed, not that there was any demand in the dark, cold, wet, blowy evenings. Indoors was snug with a good selection of food and drink. There are a few calorie counted items but on the whole think "fat". Well we were on holiday and I could put on a kilo or two without worrying.
Every evening the children and I made full use of the refillable soft drink glasses. My only bugbear was that only Pepsi had sugar free options.
None of us had any food we didn't love but cannot comment on the starters.
There is parking. You will need to register your car on screens at the bar. I didn't take notice of how it is done. I didn't hear anyone complain about the procedure.

2  Thank Tim G
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

This was a last minute dinner date with family. Glad we chose to go there. There was a good atmosphere and the staff were very prompt and helpful when we were looking at the menus. Would definitely recommend the smothered chicken. Great flavour. And if your a chocolate lover then have the dirty mud pie. Will be returning to the promenade again soon.

1  Thank stepht1969
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Popped in after visiting my wife in Hospital, wished I didn't,.
Ordered Rump Steak medium rare with trimmings, and a pint of Guinness.
The steak was terrible , chewy and tough, and very veiny, could not eat it.
Drank half my Guinness and left, showed the staff my terrible steak and got
" Sorry about that" that was it .worst £18 I've spent ever.
Would not go there again.

1  Thank colin u