“Spot in the sun”

Price range: USD 9 - USD 19
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I’d love to give 5 out of 5 for our visit today but the service really was slow.
The staff seemed genuinely shocked that on a sunny day they were busy. Yes it’s February but it’s half term. All it would take is a look at the weather forecast to see that there be loads of people out by the seaside. They were even paddling in the sea!
The cafetière coffee was good and the ice-cream my niece had was delicious but the star was the Croque Mousier. It was so yummy we ordered another one.
With such a beautiful in spot over looking the whole of Margate beach and with easy to spot pink parasols they just need to anticipate their customer numbers and it’s get full marks.

1  Thank jmwills

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I Came down to Margate with my family as a memory tribute to my late Nan as we all use to holiday here. We were surprised at lunch time that there didn't seem to be fish n chip restaurants to dine in, what with it being a sea side town. We found Bebeached on a tiny like or pier/jetty. It was tiny and we came with 4 adults 2 children and a pram and bags. The staff were really lovely and patient. They said if we wanted to wait breifly, several customers were about to finish. They moved chairs out the way for us and tables together , made us welcome and gave us time to settle and look at the menu. We all faniced cod but the chef came out to us and explained they get tiny supplies of fresh fish and were unfortunately out of cod. I thought it was lovely to speak to the chef. It actually went in our favour as we all ordered the burger and chips . When the food came, it was absolulty delicious and we all agreed it was a great choice. It was excellent quality. When we left the man at the counter gave us a rock which I thought was a nice touch (and I kept it as a keepsake!) and all the waitresses saw us off. Very friendly. Clean. Great service. Great food. (Sorry review is late!). Thank you.

1  Thank Nicola M
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Be Beached is nicely situated on the harbour wall with pleasant views across to the town. The lunch menu is varied with lighter 'brunch' and also 'main' dishes to choose from.
We opted for two vegetarian mains which when came were a picture and tasted just as good. The beer on offer was from local breweries so thumbs-up there.
All in all a very nice lunch. Highly recommended.

1  Thank mrbasstrombone
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Roast tomatoes are great, and the grilled halloumi. Would recommend for veggies. The Bloody Mary is worth a punt as well for the price

1  Thank Edward L
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

A good friend and I had lunch here. I had the balsamic tomato’s and warm bread, my friend had eggs Benedict. We both enjoyed our lunch. We then had a piece of cake each, it was good. All cakes are made on premises. Very good service and a nice view. Would recommend.