The Ship Hotel(New Romney)
USD 116
Travelocity
USD 58
USD 373
USD 330
USD 143
USD 83
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 94/night.

USD 80
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 120/night.

Seabrook House(Hythe)(Great Value!)
USD 144
USD 246
USD 172
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshonesty bardungenessfour coursesromney marsh lambring the bellset mealhomemade marmaladesea aircomfortable with lovely viewssmall hotellondon restaurantrelaxed hotelsea viewyoung staffsuperb cuisinestyle foodcourse dinner
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Spent Easter weekend at the hotel. Located right on the beach and overlooking the golf club. Booked a sea view room which was comfortable, if a little cold on the first night and had to use the additional heater supplied, I suspect the room had not been occupied for some time. As mentioned before in other reviews, room decor and fixtures dated and reminded me of staying with relatives. At times it seemed we were the only people staying, as the hotel was very quiet and lacked any atmosphere. Breakfast and dinner was great and throughly recommend the food.
Would we stay again, I am sorry to say no, I appreciate the effort & money, which goes into running a hotel but feel that it could do with a update and some tlc.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gingercat157
Lisa L, Owner at Romney Bay House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

It's good to read that you enjoyed both dinner & breakfast but your negative comments are very disappointing & all the more so when asked on departure if you had enjoyed your stay; which you said you had. You made no effort to offer any constructive criticism but obviously like so many people today feel that it's best to post a faceless negative review.

I'm sorry you felt the room you occupied, (last used the evening before) was a little cool; had you of mentioned this it could have been resolved.

As a small 10 bedroom hotel in a remote location guests generally appreciate the peace & quiet; as can be seen from others visitor comments.
If a busy corporate style hotel is what you were hoping for then its regrettable that you chose us.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Just returned from a truly brilliant two night stay at the hotel, lovely location, fantastic room, and outstanding food. Run by two great hosts who were wonderful. Thank you so much.
The Ebdales, Cambs

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

We visited this hotel for a one night stay and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The hotel is small and intimate, but we felt didn't have the overbearingness of a Bed and Breakfast establishment. The room was utterly comfortable and beautifully decorated with a variety of items which worked perfectly well together, as were the communal areas of the hotel. The attention to detail is commendable. We found the owners friendly and helpful, and the locked door and no key policy although unusual, not a problem, but it just gave the impression of a small B&B as oppposed to a hotel. Breakfast was lovely and I had the most delicious poached pears that I have ever tasted. The setting is amazing and I would thoroughly recommend the hotel.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Driving up a seafront road we saw the beautiful white house hotel framed with red tiles. We arrived early and were greeted with a warm welcome and shown to our room which overlooked the sea.(on my Mum's bucket list, a view from the bed of the sea). I had booked an evening meal after our journey and I'm so glad we did. The food, all four courses were sublime, local produce, sea bass & salt marsh lamb.
There was plenty of areas to appreciate the sea views in relaxing areas and at the back of the hotel were views of the golf course.
Our 2 night stay wasn't long enough but very much appreciated.

Room Tip: Room 10 is a twin with a great view.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

After arriving at Romney Bay House Hotel we were pleasantly surprised with its appearance, a large White House situated right by the beach on its own surrounded by a golf course. With the sun shining it certainly was a fantastic view to say the least.
After being greeted by a polite lady called Lisa who we assumed straight away was the owner of the hotel because you could tell by how proud she was of her home, Lisa talked us through everything in detail and was very attentive & informative also :) after personally showing us to our room which was located at the very top of the hotel we had a breathtaking view of the wonderful sea, even having binoculars to enhance our view! Our room was pretty small, had a little shower room & had an annoying noise due to the air vent flapping continuously because of it being a windy day but was extremely clean, fresh & vibrant. To be honest this wasn't an issue for us at all & was happy with our beautiful little homely room :) we were asked by Lisa to write down which time we wanted our breakfast for the following morning on a little notepad in the lobby which I thought was a cute little novelty :)
We were staying at the hotel because we were attending a Birthday celebration at nearby Sortirios & was informed that we would have to return by 12pm. Otherwise we wouldn't be let in due to not having access to a key. This is for security reasons due to having an honesty bar right by the main entrance and is their policy. I have to say I found this rather unique & was intrigued by this unusual request but have to say we respected it fully and needlessly to say we ensured we arrived back from the party with 10 minutes to spare! We were greeted by a very Happy Clinton who let us in with a smile and even allowed us to have a drink before we went up to our room to sleep, some people would find this a little military but we respected it and even felt like we were staying at our parents & didn't want to disappoint by arriving home late lol :)
After having an amazing nights sleep breakfast was absolutely gorgeous & I have to say the wonderful cooked English along with my requested added baked beans which was 'no problem at all' was just perfect, although being honest I think having freshly squeezed orange juice would've certainly matched the quality of the food so mabe that would be something Lisa & Clinton should mabe think about adding to the buffet instead of a concentrated one but only a little blip in my opinion :) restaurant staff were absolutely perfect and very good at their job too!
Have to give a very special mention to Clintons homemade Marmalade which is on sale for £2.99 in the bar. OMG Clinton you should be a millionaire with selling it by now as it tasted absolutely amazing & was by far the best marmalade I have EVER had apart from Paddington Bears of course :)) Lisa was so very kind to even let us have a jar free of charge
which I have to say I will be forever grateful for as it really is the 'little things' that really do make it your stay that even more special! So thank you for that Lisa, was very kind of you!
Overall I would so recommend staying at this homely & perfect located hotel with owners who actually care and give a very personal touch to your stay! Congratulations guys, you truly do an amazing job and we would 100% return here in a heartbeat.

Many thanks