“Wonderful location for a hotel, almost on the beach”

and 1 more site!
Romney Bay House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Littlestone
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Driving up a seafront road we saw the beautiful white house hotel framed with red tiles. We arrived early and were greeted with a warm welcome and shown to our room which overlooked the sea.(on my Mum's bucket list, a view from the bed of the sea). I had booked an evening meal after our journey and I'm so glad we did. The food, all four courses were sublime, local produce, sea bass & salt marsh lamb.
There was plenty of areas to appreciate the sea views in relaxing areas and at the back of the hotel were views of the golf course.
Our 2 night stay wasn't long enough but very much appreciated.

Room Tip: Room 10 is a twin with a great view.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Romney Bay House Hotel

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

After arriving at Romney Bay House Hotel we were pleasantly surprised with its appearance, a large White House situated right by the beach on its own surrounded by a golf course. With the sun shining it certainly was a fantastic view to say the least.
After being greeted by a polite lady called Lisa who we assumed straight away was the owner of the hotel because you could tell by how proud she was of her home, Lisa talked us through everything in detail and was very attentive & informative also :) after personally showing us to our room which was located at the very top of the hotel we had a breathtaking view of the wonderful sea, even having binoculars to enhance our view! Our room was pretty small, had a little shower room & had an annoying noise due to the air vent flapping continuously because of it being a windy day but was extremely clean, fresh & vibrant. To be honest this wasn't an issue for us at all & was happy with our beautiful little homely room :) we were asked by Lisa to write down which time we wanted our breakfast for the following morning on a little notepad in the lobby which I thought was a cute little novelty :)
We were staying at the hotel because we were attending a Birthday celebration at nearby Sortirios & was informed that we would have to return by 12pm. Otherwise we wouldn't be let in due to not having access to a key. This is for security reasons due to having an honesty bar right by the main entrance and is their policy. I have to say I found this rather unique & was intrigued by this unusual request but have to say we respected it fully and needlessly to say we ensured we arrived back from the party with 10 minutes to spare! We were greeted by a very Happy Clinton who let us in with a smile and even allowed us to have a drink before we went up to our room to sleep, some people would find this a little military but we respected it and even felt like we were staying at our parents & didn't want to disappoint by arriving home late lol :)
After having an amazing nights sleep breakfast was absolutely gorgeous & I have to say the wonderful cooked English along with my requested added baked beans which was 'no problem at all' was just perfect, although being honest I think having freshly squeezed orange juice would've certainly matched the quality of the food so mabe that would be something Lisa & Clinton should mabe think about adding to the buffet instead of a concentrated one but only a little blip in my opinion :) restaurant staff were absolutely perfect and very good at their job too!
Have to give a very special mention to Clintons homemade Marmalade which is on sale for £2.99 in the bar. OMG Clinton you should be a millionaire with selling it by now as it tasted absolutely amazing & was by far the best marmalade I have EVER had apart from Paddington Bears of course :)) Lisa was so very kind to even let us have a jar free of charge
which I have to say I will be forever grateful for as it really is the 'little things' that really do make it your stay that even more special! So thank you for that Lisa, was very kind of you!
Overall I would so recommend staying at this homely & perfect located hotel with owners who actually care and give a very personal touch to your stay! Congratulations guys, you truly do an amazing job and we would 100% return here in a heartbeat.

Many thanks

The Cooks :)

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2017

The best thing about this hotel is the situation - right on the seafront with a fabulous view. It is also spotlessly clean and the breakfast was excellent. However everything else felt slightly stuck in an 80s time warp particularly the decor and food. If you like chintz and rich 80s style food a la Delia Smith then you'll be very happy. Dinner is a set menu "no choice" affair held in a slightly soulless and chilly conservatory extension. Also, be warned, no front door keys are provided and one must ring to be let in - a little prescriptive.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bobbin99
Lisa L, Owner at Romney Bay House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2017

Thank you for your positive comments regarding cleanliness & breakfast.

Your other comments are obviously a little disappointing. Had you read other visitors reviews on Tripadvisor prior to your visit, you would have been aware that we have a front door policy; kept closed for security as most of our guests do not lock their bedroom doors.

It is regrettable that you didn't enjoy your dining experience as favourably as other guests comment. Of course our style of cuisine, classical French/modern European served as a set non choice menu, planned around diners likes/dislikes & dietary requirements, won't suit everyone.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

We have in recent years enjoyed NYE with a group of friends at Romney Bay House Hotel. The evening was again excellent in all respects. The welcome, the service and the food all conspired to ensure that we had a wonderful evening.
We have been many times over the years and it never disappoints. Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2017

My husband and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary on 11th February . The setting of this hotel is bleakly beautiful , on the edge of the sea wall tucked into the marshes of Romney . We loved it , very quiet and relaxing . Our room was great and spotlessly clean with a large bathroom ( room 9) it also had excellent sea views .
The no choice evening meal we had was fantastic , as good as any London restaurant we've even eaten in and we were asked if we had any dislikes before we went . Yes the wine was pricey , but they do offer half bottles . Also the breakfast the next morning was really tasty . I see people complaining about the key situation , you have to ring the doorbell each time you come back to the hotel and leave your room key in a drawer . Personally we didn't find this a problem at all . It's all very discreet and ultimately if you do your research and read the reviews before you go , then you would know the score before arriving . I cannot recommend this place more highly , it's definitely a special occasion treat as we paid nearly £300 for the night with a four course meal and wine but I would definitely go again which is a rare thing as I like to go somewhere different each time we go away ! So thank you Lisa and Clinton for a lovely stay . Next time we will visit when the sun is shining .

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be great here but ask for sea view .
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsMedders
Also consider these accommodations in or near Littlestone
2.1 km away
16.4 km away
Burlington Hotel
Burlington Hotel
#2 of 10 in Folkestone

Been to Romney Bay House Hotel? Share your experiences!