“Quite wonderful!”

Ranked #5 of 81 Restaurants in Hythe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 September 2018

A delightful little cafe, serving breakfast, lunches and dinners. The decor is cheery. It was clean and welcoming and the staff were lovely. The breakfast, though, was absolutely wonderful. I chose yogurt, fruit and granola; my partner had omelette with ham and mushrooms. Presentation was really first class and portions more than ample. Mine was honestly one of the best breakfasts I have had anywhere! My partner said the same. A gem of a place.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Had lovely scrambled eggs on toast and a proper cup of good strong tea. Scrambled eggs cooked in microwave but they were not over cooked and the toast was hot and crisp with decent butter.
Good service and speedy.
Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We have recently moved closer to Hythe and wanted somewhere local that did a good breakfast, we haven’t been disappointed with Gingers.

Their Gingers breakfast has become our regular Saturday morning treat - bacon, sausage, fresh cherry tomatoes, fried mushrooms & the best scrambled egg I’ve had (creamy and moreish). It’s clean and very tasty, not greasy like others we’ve had.

The coffee isn’t great but the tea and other beverages are good.

The staff are good and you get served quickly, however, there can be a wait for food if they’re busy.

Highly recommended

Reviewed 25 August 2018

Welcome not that welcoming and choices not great. After reading previous reviews I'd expected better. Was disappointed that the food Hygiene rating was only 4 out of 5.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

We visited Hythe yesterday for the first time in 30 years and once we had battled the traffic and lucked in to, seemingly, the only available parking space in the town, we had a maximum two hours (!) parking time to explore the main street and get lunch.

After a wander and visiting some of the myriad Charity shops, we got some first hand info. from the proprietor at WOW that Ginger's was the place to eat. Off we went.

Arriving, the room was full, but the guy running the bistro saw us and gestured to a just vacated table, gave us a warm welcome and two menus.

Sandwiches, baguettes, hot and cold meals, a sensible amount for a small establishment, and a range of drinks, we settled for a mushroom omelette and a rare beef and horseradish wholemeal baguette with a latte and an iced coffee. All excellent, served promptly.

This bistro just buzzes, there were obviously plenty of regulars, really smiley staff and the host is perfectly fitted to his role, greeting, chatting to customers and taking the orders seamlessly.

The one downside: I didn't see the grilled sardines and garlic butter on the Specials board until eating my baguette! I love grilled sardines. Doh!

1  Thank nickpanda

Been to Ginger's Kitchen? Share your experiences!