“Scrumptious Gluten Free 😊”

Truly Scrumptious cafe
Ranked #7 of 81 Restaurants in Hythe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Visited today and had coffee with Soya milk (yum) and Gluten Free Lemon Drizzle Cake and it was Truly Scrumptious!!! Was nice to see a Gluten Free menu wanted to let the ceoliac society out there know it’s worth a visit. Staff are lovely and friendly. The place is lovely too, especially inside. Thank you

Jo B, Owner at Truly Scrumptious cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear Lynn
A big thankyou for taking the time to write such a super review on TA! We are all so glad that you enjoyed your gluten free meal. We do get get lots of lovely feedback about the choice available here from visitors who are ceoliac and gluten intolerant, which is great. Our lemon cake is alot of peoples favourite, so you are in good company! We really hope to see you again soon ♥ especially now we are enjoying this very warm spell of sunshine.
TTFN
Jo and Dom and all our lovely team.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

A very popular cafe serving quality cafe meals, snacks with home made cakes and cream teas. Good quality coffees and teas are also available. What elevates it above the usual cafe are the details. Love the cosies for the tea pots and the quirky bits and pieces that decorate the place. But what makes the locals come back time after time is the outstanding service. All the staff are friendly, pleasant and extremely efficient. You really do feel that nothing is too much for them.

Jo B, Owner at Truly Scrumptious cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear Maurice
Your super review made me smile this morning, it made putting out the tables and chairs in the wind and pouring rain all worth it! We are so thrilled that you enjoy visiting our cafe and recognise our staff and the efforts that they go to! I love adding personal touches in the cafe and are glad that you have noticed them. See you soon, hopefully at the weekend when the sun is due to arrive!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Best breakfast I’ve ever had! Large breakfast comes with 4 rashers of bacon, I was impressed at that! My coffee was beautiful, the slices of cake are massive, I couldn’t eat a whole piece to myself and even I amaze myself at how much cake I can eat! The staff are so polite and friendly. I would 100% recommend this place to anyone and I will be coming back frequently.

Jo B, Owner at Truly Scrumptious cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Dear Sam C
Wow! what a super review! It made all of us smile when it popped up on TA. Thank you for taking the time to write. The cakes are also very popular. Currently we have one of our chefs being able to get them to rise enormously when they come out of the oven, I think its pure magic! We look forward to you popping in again soon!
Over the Moon!

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Truly Scrumptious is a little cafe in Hythe. It serves tourists and the local community. It is ideal for breakfast or afternoon tea. It has an outside courtyard which is lovely on sunny days. They now have a new breakfast vegan choice with vegetarian haggis. I love the tea as it comes with a tea pot and tea cosy which keeps the tea steaming hot for the full hour of my stay even if I am outside. What really makes this cafe special is the staff. All of them, without exception, are smiley, happy, helpful characters who will offer you whatever you want. They go out of their way to fulfil one's order in whatever odd fashion you need. For example, my hubby always wants his toast on a separate plate with marmalade even though that's not part of the set breakfast he usually orders. We have never been charged for the marmalade. This is not haute cuisine, and it has never set out to be so, but if you want a hearty breakfast or tea and cake, it is just right.

1  Thank Tomorrow2018

Dear tomorrow2018
Thanks so much for writing such a terrific review on TA! We work very hard to ensure everyone enjoys themselves in our cafe. Our fantastic staff are also very happy to read your review as they are the backbone of everything we do and value what our customers think. We are glad you enjoy the breakfasts especially the new vegan option which is proving to be very popular. We look forward to seeing you soon! TTFN
p.s. Feel free to bring the sunshine!!
Jo and Dom

Reviewed 22 April 2018

At Hythe for a mid-week break and chanced on TS. Very good menu, first class service and good portions of tasty food. Would recommend the sandwiches and the 'calorie free' cakes.

Only downside for us was the smoking in the outdoor area which is why this is 4 star and not 5. Pity it could not be prohibited.

Jo B, Owner at Truly Scrumptious cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear Thornt1
We are so happy that you enjoyed your lunches at our cafe on your weekend break in Hythe! The weather has been glorious and to be able to sit and watch the world go by is one of lifes pleasures! We are working very hard during this very busy time to provide tasty homecooked meals and cakes with service which is friendly and welcoming. We do respect the point that you make regarding smoking and we hope most people who choose to smoke are considerate where people are eating. Thankyou for your kind words on TA and we hope you can pop in again when next visiting Hythe!