“It’s great when the listen and improve”

Bertie's of Saltwood
Ranked #14 of 83 Restaurants in Hythe
Price range: USD 6 - USD 19
Description: Saltwood's very own cafe.
Description: Saltwood's very own cafe.
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

I had submitted a review a while ago stating that the produce was so good but the service was slow. We revisited again for breakfast as it was so good and was pleasantly surprised to see that they had listened to constructive criticism and had vastly improve the service. Our order was taken and drinks arrived quickly. Our food arrived having been cooked to order and I am happy to say the breakfast was of the same great quality both in produce and cooking. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Slow service took over an hour to get a sandwich lunch. The sandwiches were nice when they did arrive but the wait spoilt our afternoon. Plus there were three people serving so we could not understand how it could take so long. Suggest people give it a miss if it looks at all busy.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Girl-Wednesday99
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Three of my work colleagues took me to Berties this today for afternoon tea, as a leaving gift.

The service was lovely, my gluten free friend had a complete gluten free afternoon tea which was lovely. We even got to take our leftovers home.

The food was fresh and varied with a never ending supply of tea.

It was my first visit but certainly not my last.

If you want to support a lovely local business please give it a go... it was so much better than any chain of cafes out there.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We we for a light lunch here today. Really liked the atmosphere of the place. We both had sandwiches , both with generous filling, and served with a nice salad. It has to be one of the best BLT sandwiches I have ever had. Lovely crispy bacon not soggy.
Will defently be going back again and would highly recommend.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We stopped for a coffee with our small children and ended up having lunch as well. Eating can be a nightmare sometimes with small children but the staff adapted the meals to our needs with no problems at all, so happy children happy parents. Lovely coffee and food in a nice relaxed atmosphere with very friendly staff. We will definitely come back for another visit.

Date of visit: August 2018

Been to Bertie's of Saltwood? Share your experiences!