“Amazing food and service”
Review of TiffinBox

TiffinBox
Reserve with OpenTable
TiffinBox is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 81 Restaurants in Hythe
Price range: USD 19 - USD 26
Description: The TiffinBox brings you a very exciting range of authentic Indian Thalis. The idea behind a Thali is to offer all the 6 different flavours of sweet, salt, bitter, astringent and spice on one single plate. Dishes served in a Thali vary from region to region in India and are usually served in small bowls, called Katori. These 'Katoris' are placed along the border of the round Tray.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited this restaurant tonight after reading great reviews and weren’t disappointed. The service was great and friendly, and our waiter helped us choose a great dish. We both agreed the food was the best curry we have ever had, and at a great price too!

1  Thank roobear6

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

I’ve visited the Tiffinbox twice and have found the food and service to be excellent both times. I enjoy trying lots of different things so the thalis are brilliant for me - and extremely good value. Likewise the main dishes - which come with rice included. Lamb seekh kebabs, fried fish (part of the South Indian thali), and Goan fish curry were all particularly good on my most recent visit. The drinks menu includes lassis and classic Indian soft drinks like Thumbs Up. It feels authentic and refreshingly casual - no danger of spilling curry on white table cloths here, which is a bonus for me! Best-value Indian food in Hythe - and delicious too. I will definitely return and highly recommend.

1  Thank Amy W
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here. Great Thali and dosa. Shame we were the only 2 people in the restaurant but it was a Tuesday night.

1  Thank Anne1960
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Fantastic meal with my wife. We had the thali menu and shared two platters. It was really nice to have a selection of curries and sides to share. The waiter was friendly and gave us plenty of space to decide what we wanted. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Friendly service, tasty food and good value. Whilst many Indian restaurants offer a thali option, this restaurant offers thali (like Indian tapas) as its primary offering. I can't say of sure if that makes it more "authentic" but it certainly gives it that impression. And I recommend the mint soda to drink.

Been to TiffinBox? Share your experiences!