“Fantastic food and excellent service”
Review of The Holy Pundit

The Holy Pundit
Reserve with OpenTable
The Holy Pundit is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 81 Restaurants in Hythe
Price range: USD 20 - USD 46
Description: A stylish Indian Fusion Restaurant & Wine Bar. We are sister restaurant of Copper and Spices Folkestone & Coppers, Hythe. Our philosophy is to create buzz by bringing the fusion to your normal curry and bringing local fresh ingredients to your plate
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As we were staying at the Imperial we thought we would try the Holy Pundit and what a gem of a find. The staff were very helpful in guiding us through the menu and what the various dishes were. The food was incredibly tasty and excellent value. I would certainly return and would recommend it

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I firstly attended here on a Wednesday night. As part of a work event as we were booked into the hotel. There were 14 of us. The food came out in good time for such a large group & all together. Excellent service.

The food was WOW, every dish I had gave my tastebuds an explosive of what “traditional Indian food” should taste like. Not the Bangladesh food us British people have become use it. If you want a korma or a vindaloo go somewhere else. If you want to experience fine dining with food that is completely made fresh & with passion this is the place to go.

I had the lamb boti starter, this was the best lamb I have ever tasted. I had the traditional Indian curry for main with lemon rice & a coconut & jaggery nann, again this food was so so good. The owner & chef are both really nice people & nothing is too much trouble. So not only is the food on another level the service is 5 star as well.

I was so impressed that a couple of weekends later (Saturday 15th) I brought the wife to sample this truly amazing food. She was of the same opinion & we again had an amazing evening, the owner & chef remember me which I thought was a lovely touch.

So if you want fresh, authentic Indian food made my a chef who is so passionate about what he does it is clear to see in his food, please go to this restaurant. We will be back very soon, why go anywhere else when you have found the best!!!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I had a lovely meal here tonight. The meat in every dish we ordered was the most tender and succulent I’ve ever had. All ingredients were fresh, authentic and tasted so good! Service was excellent also. We will definitely be back very soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Simply the best curry I have tasted ... in the world. I have eaten curry all around the globe, including in Indian, and this is the best that I have had. If you are in Hythe and want to eat curry this is where you should go.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Had an excellent meal last night. I had a range of curries, lamb, Aubergine and Okra. Was very impressed, authentic with spices and leaves, really tasted the difference to high street Indian restaurants. Table service was excellent, highly recommended