All reviewsfour posterold buildingposter roomhigh streetfirst classlovely hotellovely meallow beamsyou'd expectlambwine listdelicious foodkent villagebeautiful villagesardinesgreat qualitycomfortable bed
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Good for its ambiance but very let down by its food.
I felt rather embarrassed that I suggested to relative that we ate here as the food was a great let down.

Bar service was as ever good. The pub itself is beautiful.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017

OK, so there's not loads of choice in Goudhurst, and ok it's a very old building, but that bed was so soft it swallowed me up. I woke up, when I eventually slept, as a twisted mess. The shared bathroom didn't help, but I knew about it before I booked, so I can't complain. Old building, but no air con, so I was too hot too.
I came back after hours, but there was no lights on at all, so luckily I had a torch to find my way to the room. Door lock to the room didn't work either !!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

What a delightful place. Warm welcome. DELICIOUS food. The Calamari was the nicest I have had, cooked perfectly. Yummy Chicken Stroganoff. Would defiantly return again and again if we lived in Kent!! A little more expensive, but hey so worth it!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2017

This chocolate-box character hotel has a charming interior, excellent food, friendly efficient service and good seating both indoors and outdoors. Don't be put off by the limited parking space at the front, as there is more parking at the rear of the hotel. Prices are slightly above average, but worth that little bit extra. My moules a la creme (mussels in white wine sauce) were as good as any in France, a nice size served in a bowl that was easier to access the mussels and mix with the sauce than it is in most French servings; and I loved the knickerbocker glory sundae to finish off the meal.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edward S
Reviewed 4 April 2017

)it's 12 years since we stayed here and the hotel is undergoing a redecorating and refurbished and is looking good beds are very comfy .Breakfast was excellent and the staff were very attentive would recommend the hotel

Stayed: April 2017