Review Highlights
Consistently Good Home Cooked British Pub Food

Having been invited, for lunch by friends almost a year ago, every time I visit Faversham we now... read more

Reviewed 3 October 2018
Patrick K
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
via mobile
Good solid local

If you fancy a quiet pint alone, or with the missus or with a group of friends, the Bear does not... read more

Reviewed 20 July 2018
Steve A
Faversham, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 November 2016

stayed for a few more, and ended up as best friends with four or five locals that I'd never met before and might well never meet again. Lovely friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Nice friendly atmosphere. Beer and coffee good. Stopped here whilst visiting market. Very convenient.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

A bit jaded from touring the locale for Pubs we remembered a very old favourit. The Bear. In the olden days many an all night lock in was enjoyed with music from the folk singers and musicians with us spoiling it by joining in with our drunken melodies. Such nights are long gone in favour of early nights and complan drinks or coco. However these days the Food and Beers are great as always. We needed to book a table as being 5/6 chaps it could get a bit cosy in the snug. The home cooking here is excellent. Some had smoked haddock, fish pies others liver & bacon and steak & kidney puds. Yum, Not to be missed. This is the oldest pub in Town possibly in Kent but not sure. Lovely cosy atmosphere and of course haunted by various ghosts. Depending on how you drink. Lots of history, etc. Great place, excellent service do go there.

1  Thank favershamfats
Reviewed 5 February 2016

A favourite in Faversham when there are so many good pubs on offer. The great attraction is the different bars, especially the little snug and chatting to the locals and regulars. Great selection of drinks and beers, food and snacks always good and sound tempting although we were not eating on this occasion, but the menu always makes me wish I was. It's a "must visit" on a night out in Faversham.

Reviewed 24 October 2015

I came in here with a friend at the end of a long walk. It is a very atmospheric pub with a fascinating interior. The staff were friendly, efficient and helpful and returned my wallet when I left it on the bar. Highly recommended.