All reviews high street car park the pub wooden beams ironing board memory foam mattress a bit tired priced accordingly comfortable bed full english one night stay my partner home made rooms were very clean near future breakfast was excellent family room
Reviewed 19 December 2016

If I had to describe my stay in one word: enchanting. If you stay here, you are sure to meet some people I would describe as amazing -- in more than one sense of the word. I could go on, but I think it's really a place you need to experience firsthand.

I can honestly say I will never be able to replicate the experience. The only thing this place is missing is a cat, but I'll give them a pass. Still my favorite.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ashley H
Reviewed 21 November 2016

Our room was in the annex overlooking the court yard. Room was clean and comfortable and was glad that our radiator was working as other guests were experiencing problems. Could do with a bit of an upgrade as furniture looking a little worn. Breakfast was served above the main bar area. Small selection of cereals and the option of a full cooked breakfast or bacon/sausage sandwiches. Tea and coffee on a help yourself basis. Breakfast cooked well. No seperate check in area, this was done at the bar within earshot of customers although a reception area was situated at the back of the bar area! All in all adequet for our needs.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Staying in area for a friend's party. A little awks to find car park first time. Check in at Bar in the pub, friendly enuf if not exactly warm, room clean and tidy, had a comfortable bed and a good breakfast available till noon.

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 12 August 2016

It was a delight to stay in this lovely old former coaching inn. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the breakfast was really good. Our downstairs room was clean and suitable for someone with limited mobility although would not be large enough for wheelchair bound. The only reason for not giving a 5 rating is that, with the double bed against a wall, I had to climb over my husband. Also, one of us being a bed time reader, there was no bed side lamp, the over-bed lamp was too bright and I couldn't find a switch on it so had to get up again to turn off the light. Minor points and would certainly recommend.

Room tip: There are ground floor rooms. Ours did overlook the outside bar area so could be noisy but was not so during our stay
Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed here as its only 4 miles from lingfield race course where we were heading. Olde world pub with a good atmosphere. We stayed in an annex and the room was clean and well worth the amount we paid for the night.

Only a shower but it was good, hot and powerful. The towels were plenty, thick and fluffy.

Tea and coffee but not enough milk for more than one cup.

I was pleased to see a hairdryer was supplied and there was a trouser press.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was good and plenty to choose from.

Would definitely stay here again but would book a taxi to racecourse next time as there were no taxis available .

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple