“I really dont like this place”
Review of The Astor Theatre

The Astor Theatre
Ranked #2 of 22 things to do in Deal
Reviewed 16 January 2018

It was terrible. There was this show called private widdle and they were just... wtaf. I have no words. Terrible terrible place. They scared my children.

Date of experience: July 2017
in 8 reviews
"audience"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

We have been to the Astor on many occasions and our favourite performances are from The Astor Palm Court Orchestra which is held once a month on a Thursday afternoon. Mainly there are two musicians who play violins, one who plays a Viola and another who plays the cello. The musicians are all professionals who play in the various major orchestras in the country. The afternoon comprises of listening to a wide range of classical & modern music & chit chat & banter from the group, tea & cake in the interval and a small cloakroom ticket style raffle raising funds for local charities. The musicians also take their musical experience into schools & community groups. Once a year; usually in August the full orchestra plays, and this is a not to be missed concert! There are also many other professional & tribute acts who play here as well as other community activities on offer. Deal Radio also broadcasts from here. If you’re staying in Deal it’s well worth checking up to find out what’s on.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Lindyloo662
Reviewed 23 December 2017

A really interesting drawing session for two hours.
Everyone so friendly.
Good coffee and lovely home made cake in the interval.
No need to book.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Kirstie L
Reviewed 13 December 2017

I,ve been to several different shows in the last year at this delightful community theatre , this includes diverse shows such as The Beat , John Illsley of Dire Straits and comedians Jan Ravens & Hal Cruttenden . I,ve yet to not enjoy myself at this venue with the artists being quality and there's always a good ambience from the audience and staff .
The bar is well stocked with quality spirits ,beers and cider . They even have a happy hour from 6:30 - 7:30 when you can get 2 beers for one and the spirits can be turned into a double for an extra pound ! Not bad eh !
Today my other half and I tried the Herb Garden cafe inside the theatre , what a pleasant revelation this was ! We,ll be coming back !
I had the homemade chicken ,leek pie and gravy with gorgeous mustard mash .
Mmmm. Boy did I enjoy that ! Quite frankly one of the best chicken pies I,ve ever eaten and the whole thing was for under a fiver !
My partner had the smashed avocado on sour dough With scorched tomatoes with a side of chips .
They also hit the spot ! I think that this food is definitely of restaurant standard and I,m looking forward to going back again to try something else off their reasonably priced imaginative menu . So , well done to everybody involved in this terrific venue / cafe .
Will see you gain soon !

Date of experience: December 2017