“Charming well appointed cottage, perfectly...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
CountessV...
Melbourne, Australia
“Charming well appointed cottage, perfectly located in the lovely town of Deal”
Reviewed 1 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

This charming, well appointed cottage, is located adjacent to the Deal beach and a short walk to interesting shops, good choice of restaurants and friendly, local pubs. With a historic beach front, quaint streets and old, picturesque houses, Deal is a delight to wander around. We very much enjoyed our visit to Walmer Castle - a must visit!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
thingx
essex
“Could have been perfect with a little more attention to detail”
Reviewed 24 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I did not want to post a negative review but having received no acknowledgement from the letting agents I am putting my comments here. Firstly, no welcome pack although this was supposed to have been provided, so the first thing we had to do was go shopping for milk and essentials. Disappointing after a long drive .No toiletries, no hand towels. Nowehere to hang/store our clothes as cupboard and shelf space was taken up by owners' own clothing left pending their next visit. Thick dust under the bed, discovered after grandson crawled underneath to retrieve his toy car. Grubby kitchen utensils and mouldy remnants of juiced orange left in kitchen. I discussed all these points with the letting agent on our departure and was assured that they did not meet the standards expected and that enquiries would be made and I would hear back. Despite an email reminder, I have heard nothing so am disappointed with the level of their customer service. I have to say, however, that this is a lovely property in an ideal location and if the above points could be addressed I would feel able to recommend it. I'm not sure I could say the same for the agents, Keepers Cottages, though.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
27 Sep 2017
I am so sorry that you had these issues and as we discussed on your day of departure, I wish you had called me when you arrived as we would have been able to put all the issues right immediately.

We always do give a welcome pack and I did say that I would take this up with the housekeeper to ensure that this never happens again.

With regards to the cleaning I have also taken this up with the housekeeping team and I have now changed the cleaners as I am not happy with the standard at all. I am so sorry that you experienced this as it is not acceptable at all.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I was actually waiting for a reply from the owner who is on holiday.

In the meantime, I would like to offer you a refund and I shall get back in touch with your direct email to discuss this.
We do take this very seriously at Keepers Cottages and really do want our guests to be happy and content.
Many thanks
Camilla
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing