“Friends dinner”

Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pearl St. (Route 661)
Transit: May we suggest: www.granvillecarriage.com - a horse and carriage for hire service for the village of Granville or www.granvillebike.com-offering Half Day & Full Day Bike Rentals or Guided Tours- Locally Owned & Guided by Experienced Cyclists-Free Bike Delivery to the Granville Inn
Description: A historic English manor inn listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Reviewed 7 July 2018

We ate here 20 years ago and enjoyed it
This time 3 out of 4 of us had a great meal. The 4th was a beef tips special but was quite dry.
Service was excellent. We would have preferred the dining room but only the tavern was available. We should have made a reservation.

Sean M, General Manager at Granville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear ROGER L- Thank you choosing to dine with us here at the Granville Inn. I do apologize that our special that evening was less than satisfactory. I was pleased however to read that our service was excellent and the remaining guests of your party were able to enjoy the amazing food our Culinary team provides to our guests. We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again in the near future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

The Granville Inn has failed on many occasions to myself and my family. Not only has their inability to engage in meaningful customer service on multiple trips made my experience negative, but their general lack of concern for the poor quality of food is truly disheartening.

Dear GGG22115- Thank you for sharing with us your experience at the Inn. I was disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations and that you felt that we did not care. We do care very much for our guests and the Inn and I apologize that we could not deliver to you what you expected. I would love the opportunity to discuss further if you would like, I can be reached by phoning the Inn directly. Thank you again.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We attending a wedding here in the month of June. The ceremony was outside in the direct sun. They did provide ice water which was nice. It was about 85 degrees outside with high humidity. Thankfully the ceremony was only 5 minutes. They did have hors d'oeuvres in a small room right behind the ceremony. That was nice but it wasn't super cool inside since the doors were left open. The bar tender was very nice and knew his drinks. The reception was in a large, well decorated room. We were at big round tables that seated 8. Not much extra space on the table once all the table setting were on it and the center piece. The food was delicious and the servers always brought around water. But after the food was cleared, no one came around for drink refills. I did spend a little bit of time upstairs in one of the rooms and the floors are very squeaky. You would have though they would have tacked though down when they replaced the carpets.

Dear tiggergurl- Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us here at the Granville Inn, we appreciate your feedback. I do apologize that you did not have the experience that you expected. I do hope that when your travels bring you back to the area that you give us another opportunity to prove that we are better than what you experienced. Thank you again for sharing.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

The warm cozy atmosphere begins before your seated. Friendly personnel and clean surroundings adding the seating arrangements makes for a pleasant experience. The food was pricey for the location, but the food was tasty. Well worth the time to partake in the lunch or dinner menu.

Sean M, General Manager at Granville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Vicky B- Thank you for your kind review of the Inn, I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience so much. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future when your travels bring you back to Granville. Thank you again.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I enjoy visiting the Inn every year on special occasion, but I was unaware of the menu changes every 3-4 months which was told to me by the waitress when I tried to order a Ceaser Salad but it was no longer on the menu. I was very sad and confused as to how and why they would take such a staple food off of the menu, it is my favorite ceaser out of every restaurant I go to, and I look foward to having it whenever I visit. Please bring it back.

So, instead, I ordered the grilled cheese to which I enjoyed very much. The only thing I would change is the description on the menu. It vaguely describes the sandwich’s ingredients which resulted in me having to pick off part of the sandwich. I wish that they had each individual vegetable on it listed so that I can take whatever I didn’t like off, and not waste food.

Also, the coffee was one of the best I’ve tasted!

Sean M, General Manager at Granville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear Jessica H- Thank you for the candid feedback. We do rotate our menu seasonally to remain fresh and that we provide the highest quality items we can. I do apologize that you were unable to get what you really came to the Inn for, but we do hope that you return to us in the near future. Thank you again.