“Dust, hairs and grime”
Review of Tudor Guest House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weobley
Tudor Guest House
Ranked #4 of 5 Weobley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The house was gloomy and it was dark when we arrived so it was not until the morning that we saw how grimey it was. The room was dusty and we had unclean mugs for tea and coffee in the room. NO shower just a shower attachment on the tap. We couldn't open the windows, and the final straw was that although my husband got his breakfast, my boiled egg(chosen because it came in its own shell) was forgotten. Ann was friendly enough but did show irritation when asked for anything not obvious, We wished we had read the reviews before booking and we were glad it was only one night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Freda242

Reviewed 10 June 2012

After reading the two other reviews of Tudor Guest House I was slightly apprehensive about what to expect. I need not have worried. We were made really welcome, both by the owner Anne and the two dogs and cat. As a cat lover, that was no problem! The room was clean - certainly none of the stains or marks noticed by the other reviewers. A good sized bathroom. Plenty of hanging space for clothes. A comfortable bed. We were going to a family gathering in the village - hence our reason for staying the night in the village. Half the village seemed to be going as well - including Anne. The following morning, a beautiful breakfast awaited us. Fresh fruit salad, home cooked English breakfast, home made marmalade and jam, plenty of tea or coffee. We had a look around the extensive garden - a real haven of tranquility - before making our departure. I am sorry the other writers had such disappointing experiences. We would certainly recommend Tudor Guest House and consider it good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2009

We arrived late on a Friday night due & stayed for 2 nights.

In the dark this B&B which is also known as "The Post Office" appeared to be quiet cute. The entrance is accessed via a paved, gated walkway to the RHS of the Post Office shop front. THere is an enclosed gated courtyard. The biggest positive about this place is that it is right in the heart of the picturesque Weobley village.

The place is run by husband & wife team Steve & Anne. We arrived late because of traffic problems but phoned to let them know about the delay. Steve seemed a bit grumpy that we had arrived late, but did point out a tray with kettle, tea, coffee etc in our room.

The room was large with an attached en-suite with bath. There was an over-the-bath attachment of a shower head. If it had been clean it would have been lovely.

Unfortunately the place was really dirty. I have asthma & am allergic to a lot of animals. I was quite horrified when I arrived & saw the dogs. I think they should have mentioned the animals when we made the booking. However, we were exhausted from the journey & determined to make the best of it so I took a couple of extra anti-histamine & a few extra puffs of the inhaler...

Then I saw the blood stain on the bed spread, & dog hairs over the bedding/cushions. We carefully removed these from the bed & examined the sheets underneath which appeared clean enough.

When I went to the bathroom I had to wipe a brown stain off the wooden toilet seat. Luckily there was bleach in the bathroom that I used to try to sterilise things but it gave me the creeps & I didn't feel it was clean enough to sit on the toilet.

I looked at the kettle but it was too dirty to attempt to make a cup of tea.

There was a lot of dust on the bedside cabinet. On turning out the bedside light I had to try not to touch the base which was thick with dust.

The next morning the shower over the bath had piping hot water one sec & freezing cold the next. The temp also changed depending on how high you held the shower head. I found it difficult to get the correct temperature. My partner found it easier to fill the bath than to attempt a crouched shower.

Anne made breakfast for us the next morning. She was very sweet & friendly & really made a lot of effort with cereal, yoghurt, Full cooked English breakfast etc. Unfortunately there were several cat hairs in my breakfast, but by that stage I think I'd become used to it. I feel bad criticizing the level of hygiene because she was very nice, but I'm afraid the standards were so bad that I must be honest about it.

Overall I would say that this is not suitable for anyone with asthma or allergies. It may suit people who are animal lovers who don't mind things like dust & animal hairs.
I suspect the problems with the level of hygiene are due to the couple perhaps not having the best eyesight & not seeing that things aren't properly clean (I know my gran can have that problem in her house sometimes & she needs some one to help her with the cleaning). If I were to stay there again I would want to rip up the carpets, dust & wipe down all the walls & surfaces.

Weobley itself was a gorgeous little village & is a lovely place to visit. Buit maybe stay elsewhere..?

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DrFussy
Reviewed 17 July 2006

On first sight the Tudor Guest House seemed quaint enough, but on closer inspection when using the bathroom the place was utterly filthy. The bath had not been cleaned since quite a few guests' visit before -- the scum around the tub was quite remarkable! The rest of the place was dusty and dirty, the bed linen didn't smell clean, all the surfaces needed a good dust . Disconcertingly there was no lock on the door so I locked all my valuables in the car. Owners were friendly, if somewhat eccentric but no excuse for the filth. On seeing the state of our bedroom, we didn't stick around for breakfast. I've stayed in all sorts of places and was not expecting a palace as we were only there for one night. It's cheap, but it could be clean.

6  Thank MrsMoon

Been to Tudor Guest House? Share your experiences!