“Authentic Italian with a modern twist”
Review of Ristorante Alberto

Ristorante Alberto
Ranked #14 of 180 Restaurants in Hemel Hempstead
Price range: USD 20 - USD 50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Independent Italian Restaurant. Real Italian food prepared fresh on the premises (including dessert) by our Sicilian chef and his team. We specialise in meat, fish, game, pasta, vegetarian and vegan. We have an excellent selection of premium Italian wine. We are the only restaurant offering genuine Italian food in the region, and you can taste the quality.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a very good meal here with hubby and two “grown up” children. The menu has a traditional feel with modern alternatives which includes vegan and gluten free. All our choices were delicious , well presented and piping hot. The atmosphere is calm and quiet with a modern quirky decor featuring very bright pink flamingos. We felt relaxed and well looked after. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

The refurb has not only lifted the seventies look, but the seventies atmosphere. The serving staff were very attentive, although out of personal preference I like the empty plates to be taken as soon as everyone has finished rather than a little while after. There is nothing particularly bad about the food, but a little lacking in flavour across the board. Everything was finished from everyone so it can’t have been that bad! Would return again if it wasn’t a third more expensive than the other restaurants in the Old Town and not quite as good.

Management_v, Manager at Ristorante Alberto, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Hello - thanks for your review. We are very keen that our customers receive good value for money so we regularly check our prices against our nearest competitors. We are slightly cheaper than Prezzo on equivalent pasta dishes, for example. Dishes such as seabass, steak and duck are high quality and therefore use expensive ingredients. The other restaurants on the high street are all Indian, plus a Thai, which focus on Chicken and Lamb dishes. They tend to be cheaper as a result. I can't comment on personal taste, but we have an experienced and very highly regarded Sicilian chef. All the best.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

A very disappointing meal at Alberto's. We meet up once a year at this restaurant. Portion size has reduced dramatically. Absolutely no atmosphere. Unfortunately the son has taken over trying to run this lovely little restaurant and he clearly doesn't want to be there, miserable and certainly unwelcoming. 3 tables booked on a Friday night! It is a real shame!

1  Thank 106Tracy
Management_v, Manager at Ristorante Alberto, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Hello Tracy - I am the Son. I remember you from last Friday - sat on the oval table in a group of six. I remember being puzzled by the strange vibe coming from your table. I don't recall you mentioning portion sizes, so I'm wondering if there's something else going on here?

Our restaurant has been performing very well recently as we have invested in a fresh new-look and exciting new menu. The Friday you came was not particularly busy, but it's the big picture that counts. I am delighted to say that our total number of customers is up almost 40% on last year. This is a dramatic improvement. The trend of our Tripadvisor ratings has also improved, even including your review. So I must be doing something right.

I would encourage you when visiting any restaurant to speak your mind to the staff directly. If there is a real issue then it presents an opportunity to fix it.

Regards

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Went for a family meal and was not disappointed. Never been before so was worried they wouldn’t have anything that I would like but the food was delicious. Absolutely amazingly cooked. Honestly have no words for how good it was.
The service was amazing as well, so welcoming and family orientated.
Loved it!

1  Thank Skye z
Reviewed 28 February 2018

We've been looking forward to trying out Alberto's since its refurb. I was a bit worried that they would have changed the menu too much but it still has the classics. We had the lamb cutlets and veal which were both very well cooked and full of flavour. The cutlets especially. For dessert we had the cheesecake, which has always been a favourite. I'm glad to say it's still delicious.

The restaurant has a smart new look but the atmosphere is still lovely and cosy and the staff are so friendly. Hope to return soon.

2  Thank demetra2016