All reviewshen nightdinner dancewhole eveningcourse mealfantastic weekendleisure facilitiesswimming poolspa staffmy mumwedding breakfastspecial occasionreception deskbeanstea and coffeefull englishbrendancomedian
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Just returned from a brilliant Meal @ Hunters Meet, The food was perfect and plentiful! All of our party commented on how lovely the food & How much choice there was!

As Always the staff were brilliant and very helpful & full of smiles!

Can't wait till next time!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Went to Hunters meet Last Sunday with a large group of friends (20 people) The food was fantastic, the best roast potatoes I've ever had....
2 of our party are have special dietary requirements, this usually causes problems for us, however We were delighted that the waitress brought us over a separate Gluten free, Vegetarian & vegan menu!!! There was so much choice for them usually when we go out for lunch they are only given one option! So it was fantastic that our friends were given so much choice.

I have noticed previous review about bad food, and I have to say I just can't believe it! All the staff were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them!

We had such a brilliant time there and all really enjoyed our meals! We have been to Hunters Meet a few times and it was as always fantastic!!

Well Done Hunters Meet Keep Up The Good Work!!!

We will be back soon :)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I recently visited the hotel and stayed a night for a friend’s hen night. From the minute we arrived, the staff were so accommodating, sorting out rooms as one of the party had dropped out, speaking to the kitchen about getting some lunch (it was 3pm) and bringing our drinks out to the garden. We went for the Motown Night which was great. The food was good, the bar staff super friendly and the entertainment was great - we danced all night. I have seen some bad reviews but I’m not sure what people expect - I thought for the price paid, it was great value for money. For an event like ours, it was perfect. Thank you.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Worst food we've ever had! I have never seen such bad food in all my years of eating out.

This is such a shame I have to write this terrible review as my sister-in-law and brother got married at this lovely place just 3 years earlier, so for my sister-in-laws birthday we all got together again to celebrate - I travelled all the way from Belgium.

Worst Food Review Ever....

We had a table for 15 people and before shown to our table we were given menus in the bar, 4 of us are gluten free so we were very excited to have our own GF menu and as most of us wanted the Sunday Roast we were all told the Gluten free comes with all the trimmings including Yorkshires etc.

The Gluten free among us ordered starters of Prawn Cocktail, it came basically some cut up iceberg lettuce and prawns on top, no extra gluten free bread, no sauce just plain, when you are given a gluten free menu you expect that they don't just take off things they replace the things you can't eat with alternatives or what is the point of having a separate menu? we asked for gluten free bread and they had run out. We then asked for the cocktail sauce as that is no problem for us, they took our starters away and added the sauce still no bread. My husbands stuffed mushroom starter was bland and tiny, it felt it was just a large mushroom with some stuff put in it - no taste and was eaten in 2 mouthfuls, not worth the money at all.

For mean course, my daughter had a gluten free vegetarian risotto, I have NEVER tasted anything so nasty, it was not only bland it actually tasted vile, none of us could not eat it. The rice wasn't even risotto rice, this dish was not a risotto.

My husbands vegetarian pasta was also vile - the pasta shells were watery and soggy and obviously just microwaved to warm up, the sauce was old and tasteless and again nasty, he could not eat it, to me it was like a pasta meal out of a can.

Meanwhile my nephews ordered the suggestion of pork, they are grown men and they were served this tiny piece of round pork which they tried to cut into 3 pieces as it was just a 3 bite full of food, well they tried to cut it but couldn't get their knives through it as so tough, so turned it over and it was burnt.

Meanwhile my son was served his roast dinner with all the trimmings and it was just 3 slices of turkey, one cocktail sausage with bacon wrapped round it which was tough and a piece of inedible stuffing (chewy cold hard and obviously heated up again and again).

But the worst plate of food was without a doubt the 'gluten free roast dinner with all the trimmings' - basically our main meal came with just 3 pieces of turkey on the plate - nothing more ! the trimmings didn't come, again being gluten free doesn't mean you just take off food from the plate and leave it bare, it means you substitute food for other food so you have a whole meal not just half a meal, especially if you give the guests a gluten free menu ! We asked where the rest of our dinner was and where were our trimmings? they said that was it and just served with veg that would come along to the table, which I'll come onto in a minute. We asked for our gluten free Yorkshires as promised and they said they didn't have any left (weird).

The veg and roast potatoes came to the table for everyone to share. We had about 3 tiny dishes of roast potatoes between about 12 of us, they made up for this by serving the most bland vile small boiled watery hard potatoes which no one could eat (it was again like they were out a can). So to recap I have 3 slices of turkey, 2 tiny roast potatoes which were over salted, covered in herbs and HARD - I couldn't get my knife though them so had to leave them, so just had my meat (which was the only good thing on my plate). The veg was again served on tiny plates for all of us and we got about a tea spoon each, it was again inedible as just over boiled watery veg and seemed like it was just defrosted from the freezer or canned.

We asked to replace the foods that were inedible, the Risotto and pork dishes and they got turkey with no trimmings, and by this time my husband couldn't replace his pasta as he felt so ill from his pasta - so he went hungry without food.

We asked for more roast potatoes (as these seemed the only treat we had as the non hard ones we could eat), they came and were all hard so couldn't eat them and had to leave them on our plates (we tried to mash them with a fork but just couldn't).

It was the most awful meal(s) we have all ever had, all bland, overcooked, re-heated, old food, no taste, tiny portions with half our meals missing.

Sadly my brother had got the bill for us all and already split it up for us all - so we had to all pay for the meals as given a chance there is no way I would have paid for any of it.

Basically we all paid 25pounds each for the worst meals we've ever had and my husband didn't even have one (they did take that off the bill at least but nothing more).

TIPS to restaurant
1. do not advertise gluten free food and menus only to take half the food off the plate and serve half a meal, that is not what gluten free means, you expect a full meal like everyone else just like you would a vegetarian meal you'd substitute the meat for more veg etc.
2. portion sizes, give an adult an adult portion not a child's portion, just enough to feed someone and not have them go hungry.
3. the suggestions/specials should not just be left over food made into something else, it should be fresh food too
4. heating food up is not cooking, warming food in the microwave is not cooking, using frozen or tinned food is not cooking.
5. change your whole menu and cooking, make fresh good food and people will come back as it has all the potential of being a good restaurant again one day.

Its a shame as we will not be eating here again unless the menu and kitchen changes, the service ladies were sweet and tried to accommodate us but they could only do what was given to them.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Caz H
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I recently visited hunters meet on the 26th May for a family members hen night. We was all extremely impressed with how the night went. As soon as

The restaurant was very clean, tidy and friendly so instantly we knew that we had chosen the perfect venue for the hen night. The ladies on the bar were very approachable and by the end of the night we had become very friendly with them.

The food was amazing! Cooked to perfection and the portion sizes were spot on! The waitresses always made sure that we had everything we needed and checked on us a couple of times to see if everything was ok with our meals and if we needed anymore drinks. We cannot thank them enough for everything they did for us as we was quite a fussy table wanting extra sauces and bread rolls, however they insisted that this wasn’t a problem and attended to our needs immediately. They was very patient and was more than happy to keep running back and fourth for us.

The entertainment was brilliant. It was a Fanny Galore night and we all loved him! At the start I wasn’t too sure if I was going to enjoy the drag queen however my mind was completely changed as soon as he began his act. The night was just full of laughter and fun. We have already decided that we will be coming back for another Fanny night soon! We love Fanny!!

Overall our experience at the hunters meet was thoroughly enjoyable! Staff were amazing! The restaurant is lovely, food was perfect and the entertainment was absoloutley fabulous! We will defiantly be visiting the restaurant again soon. Massive thank you to all the staff at hunters meet!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends