All reviews new forest ringwood brewery family room sunday night one night stay short stay nice pub breakfast was excellent full english bed and breakfast biscuits yogurt amanda hairdryer stopover ale tlc
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We visit relatives in Ringwood and find this an excellent, value for money, clean, charming old coaching inn.

We’ve stayed in Rooms 2 & 3 now and on each occasion we’ve have comfy beds, clean fresh towels, fabulous power shower and space.

We don’t spend any real amount of time in the room but certainly for the time we are here yes it’s great. It’s got everything we need like a hairdryer, plug sockets and a tv. We don’t unpack, just check in, watch a little tv then sleep, get up and leave. I can’t really comment on much more than that but certainly for £60 a night it’s a great location and I believe value for money.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amanda-Jane2222, General Manager at original white hart, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thanks

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I don't like leaving questionable reviews, but I have to be honest here. From the outside, this looks like a very charming Pub/Hotel. And while I found all the staff very helpful, the hotel area, and parts of the bar area need updating. It is not unclean, but just in need of a serious makeover. Nice Bar area, in places, good food, but rooms very dated. There is free parking, free wifi, but apart from that, little else to rave about.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Richard785
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived here on the weekend to celebrate a family birthday, from the outside the building looked lovely and full of character however inside was a completely different story. The actual layout of the building is quite nice however all the decor was quite outdated and worn the only way to describe it is like stepping into an old weatherspoons. After waiting for the only member of bar staff to serve us our drinks, we went to sit down and order lunch which in fairness was very reasonable and nice for the price paid.
We later checked into our rooms which at first glance are basic but comfortable, how wrong we were but did not realise until later as we were keen to get out and go for a walk around the river.
After we came back we decided to order a round of drinks before going to find somewhere for dinner, we were greeted by the same situation as before with only one member of bar staff serving, the other one was outside smoking at the time and when came back poured a pint for a local and disappeared again even though there were several people waiting at the bar!? We stayed for one drink and decided not to ever make that mistake again, there are some lovely bars and restaurants along the same road which are far more atmospheric and clean.
Once retiring for the evening into our rooms we were all ready for a good nights sleep, however it is quite hard to get comfortable when the radiator is on full blast and whatever way it was twisted or turned did not turn off so you ended up cooking in a dark dank room.
In the morning after much broken sleep I was keen to get out into some much needed fresh air and have some breakfast, the breakfast room was again very outdated and where bad taste comes to die. There was only one other table seated when I arrived but no member of staff was anywhere to be seen, so I helped myself to some very minuscule pieces of toast and juice. The hot water hadn’t been turned on to make a cup of tea and the coffee that was on offer was lukewarm and looked like it had been sitting out there since the day before. Another table arrived and their order was taken, and I overheard the member of staff that she would take their order and then come over to our table to take ours, that did not happen. It appeared their system was to take one tables order at a time bring out their food and then take another tables order, which seems like the most bizarre way of working? Especially as there was definitely someone else in the kitchen making the breakfasts anyway once we were finally asked for our order (20 minutes later) I was just asked if we would like a cooked breakfast but not what we would like, as a vegetarian I didn’t want the meat version but I didn’t even get the chance to ask for what I wanted before they went away into the kitchen again presumably to start the next round of breakfasts. At that point we had had enough and just walked out, we were ready to leave.
I went to go have a shower and to my absolute delight I found tiny hairs stuck to the shower tiles, even though neither of us had used the shower yet since checking in, there was also only a tiny drop of shower gel left which was enough to wash your face with and nothing else. I then saw that there were several cobwebs which had not been wiped away across parts of the bathroom and upon stepping out into the scorching room and switching the overhead light on and opening the windows saw a plethora of other delights (pictured below) at that point we decided to check out and not do our full stay as we had had enough.
We did receive a refund for the Saturday night when we were meant to stay and promptly left much to everyone’s relief.
The rooms are not worth the price for what you get and there is poor management of the place from a staff point of view. As someone who used to manage a hotel the staff need to be trained properly by the company otherwise they will not know what to do, this is certainly something which I believe Marstons are lacking in this venue in particular. We will certainly not be returning in a hurry.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank SouthamptonT92
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Have stayed here countless times while on business. Rooms need a freshen up now. And recent changes to charging extra for breakfast doesn't help. At this time over priced for what's on offer. Plus point is still service and food.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

This is the first time i have had to post a poor review. The reason I have given 3 stars is: Positives - friendly staff, huge, comfortable bed, bottled water in the room, decent furniture in the room, free parking, Negatives: Paint peeling off ceiling in room, filthy window sills and frames, very grubby net curtains, unable to turn the radiator down so the room was stifling, toilet seat moved sideways, mould on tiles in shower.

Date of stay: January 2018