“Amazing taster food, lovely staff and great Re-furb ”
Review of The White Lion

The White Lion
Ranked #10 of 23 Restaurants in Yateley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The White Lion in Yateley is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Just sampled the taster food for the new menu and highly recommend every dish. Personally I would have the black pearl scallops to start, steak & mushroom pie or wagyu burger as the main and for desert we loved the raspberry milkshake cheesecake. Staff were very friendly, the atmosphere was pleasant with a mixed variety of people and the place looks refreshed and cosy. Highly recommended. Thank you and look forward to seeing you again.

Date of visit: April 2018
General Manager A, Manager at The White Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Hi Kim

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are really happy you enjoyed the evening and thank you for coming.

See you soon

Brandon and team

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Having not been to this pub for a good few years after a poor experience, I booked earlier this week to give it a try for Easter Sunday. I wasn’t expecting much to be honest, but I was very wrong! Having just had a refurb, it was welcoming and friendly on arrival and fairly busy (a good sign in my book). The roast was one of the best I have ever had in a restaurant. Vegetables cooked nicely and a good size portion - neither too small or an overloaded plate. There is clearly a very good chef/kitchen team there. However what made it for us was the staff and especially our waitress Erin. A young lady (18 years old) who clearly have a smart and mature head on her shoulders; friendly, efficient and with high standards. I will certainly be going back and hope Erin is still there as she’s a true asset to the company. A lovely lunch had by all.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank emilymP9781MH

Hi Emily

Thank you so much for your review. So glad to hear you had a positive experience. I will make sure your comments are passed on to Erin and the kitchen team.

Hope to see you soon

Brandon and team

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Always a great atmosphere, great Manager and staff always make you welcome. A pleasure to visit even on your own. Food good, and people friendly so a great local.

Date of visit: January 2018
General Manager A, Manager at The White Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Norma, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The White Lion, Yateley!

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Food here is always consistently good. The service is great and the food always comes out hot and delicious. Clearly the chef's are well trained and passionate about their job

Date of visit: February 2018
General Manager A, Manager at The White Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Joe H, we are so happy to read such a great review about The White Lion, Yateley!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I would like to thank Lizzie Erin and Cameron and all the staff for making my 60th birthday party so so special the food was excellent and the service was first class u have all gone above and beyond to make me night so special u were all a credit to the white lion and all of our party said how great u all were thank u once again from the bottom of my heart if anyone reading this want a fantastic meal with friendly staff then the white lion is the place to go u won't be disappointed

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Edwin T
General Manager A, Manager at The White Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Edwin T, thanks for your praise and kind comments about the team. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your 60th with us. I will make sure you feedback is seen by the team they will be pleased to hear it.

Best Wishes