“Old outside, modern inside, good location, nice staff.”
Review of The Cricketers pub

The Cricketers pub
Price range: USD 13 - USD 32
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Set on the oldest continually played upon cricket green in the world, this delightfully traditional English pub offers delicious homemade food and fine real ales. It is dog and child friendly and also boasts a cosy beer garden for summer use or open fires to relax next to in the winter.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

If you didn't know it was there, then you'd probably not find it. Looks like a place aimed squarely at tourists - a destination pub/eatery - but maybe frequented more by locals. Very smart place, manager/landlord exuded friendliness and efficiency. It's behind the main road through Hartley Wintney, and fronts on to open space. A comfortable-feeling place I'd seek out next time.

1  Thank IainMacauley

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Went for lunch with friends and by the end were stunned by the rudeness of the staff member dealing with us. She was very abrupt and defensive, All we wanted was to split the bill, Not a difficult request and what we got was a lecture on the functionality of the till software. Won't be returning. It's a shame because it's a nice setting.

PinkPeonySurrey, Owner at The Cricketers pub, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

We are so sorry that you received poor service when you visited our pub yesterday. There is no excuse for a member of staff being rude to a Customer and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will return and we will be able to demonstrate to you the exceptional customer service that we strive very hard to achieve. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

This is the pub/restaurant that my friend and I meet up at every year for lunch and a good catch up. It never fails to offer ambience and good food and service.
The bar has a great selection of gins on offer.
They happily replaced some of the foods on the menu item I selected to accommodate my diet and allowed my friend and I to sit without hassle, regardless of the fact that we were there for a total of four and a half hours.
We'll be back next year

PinkPeonySurrey, Public Relations Manager at The Cricketers pub, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to serve you and your friend and we are delighted that you enjoyed your afternoon with us. We look forward to welcoming you again, hopefully sooner than next year!!

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Our first visit. Starters lovely: prawns, bruschetta and the mushroom. Mains also fab: lamb cutlet, Piti peri burger and salmon. Desserts went down well: lovely icreams and chocolate cake.
Friendly staff.
Just atmosphere....... it’s not quite sure what it is. We were the only booking.
Prices a little high perhaps but the food was nicely different.
Shame.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

My friend and I decided to have lunch there. Ordering the pork belly which wasn’t pork belly and so tough I couldn’t cut through it. We complained and told it must of been the end piece and gave lame reason.
We was not approached by waitress if we wanted more drinks, dessert, coffee. We had to ask for the bill. Will not return or recommend.