“Great location and attentive service”

Holiday Inn Farnborough
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Chicago, Illinois
“Great location and attentive service”
Reviewed 20 April 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on three different occassions during a three week business trip. The first floor area where they have a bar and seating area for food and drinks is very nice. It has a very relaxed feel to it and the beer selection on tap is great. Also, the wait staff in this area and breakfast area are all very nice with the customers.

My only wish is for the whole hotel to complete renovation on par with the lobby. When staying in some rooms one can stop thinking of a room that got stuck in the early 1980s, but you will find a clean bed and bathroom, which are the essentials.

Stayed April 2012
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Dear Rodrigo D,

Thank you for taking the time out to review us on the Trip advisor site as feedback is vital for us as well as future customers thinking of staying with us.
Your review named “Great location and attentive service” is very beneficial for us and future customers as it was not based on a one night snapshot view but based on your stay over three occasions. I was very pleased to read that once again the great people that work in the hotel have stood out to you.

Yours Sincerely

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Polish first
Kent
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed here for one night during the "You can Make It!" show at the Five centre.

We got a good deal through Hotwire for the Saturday night, and had a great room right above the front dooe on the 2nd floor. The room was a decent size, the beds comfortable and the bathroom spotless. The staff were excellent and very helpful

We chose to eat in the restuarant as they had a meal deal but the waitress didn't seem to realise that I had taken advantage of the bottle of wine for £10 included in the offer - and at first brought me a single glass which would have cost more than half the bottle price. Service was also incredibly slow and not helped by a VERY fussy woman and her two children finding fault with absolutely everything, and a large (very drunk) party who couldn't seem to be able to decide what they wanted to eat.

Breakfast was excellent and very good value for money, and set us up well for a busy day ahead.

I would certainly stay here again - but maybe look around for other places to eat dinner!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear CarolynUK,

Your feedback was well balanced and appreciate the point of view you provided. The team were delighted to read you found them excellent and very helpful.

I would like to take the opportunity to apologise that the service in the restaurant did not reflect the rest of your stay with us. I would encourage you to use the restaurant again during your next stay and if you are not able to see a positive improvement them please contact me directly as we have worked hard to make improvements in the area.

Yours Sincerely

Bradford
Reviewed 15 April 2012 via mobile

We booked a 4 night stay to visit Legoland. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was a good size and very clean. We visited the pool a couple of times and it was also clean although could have been a bit warmer! Breakfast was very good - always plenty of choice. We ate dinner in the hotel once which was good - for a hotel the food was reasonably priced and our son ate for free. The only criticism I would have about the hotel was that drinks were VERY expensive but apart from that I'd give it 10/10.

Stayed April 2012
Dear EAWBradford,

Thank you for taking the time out to review us on the Trip advisor site.
It was great to read your review named “Great Stay” and all the feedback has been passed onto the team and the point regarding the drinks has been noted and will be passed on to our head office.

Grimsby
Reviewed 10 April 2012

After reading mixed reviews before staying, I wasn't sure what to expect, but my stay here was excellent. The staff were lovely and so helpful, Denise on reception in particular! She asked the reason for our stay which was my partner going to Afghanistan the next day and she immediately upgraded our room. The room was lovely and we then got a knock on the door, wine and chocolates and a lovely letter wishing my partner a safe tour.
Overall the stay was lovely and the staff really made us feel welcome. It was just what we both needed to relax before he went. I would recommend it!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear Abigail G,

Thank you firstly for taking the time to review us on Trip advisor of which we are very grateful.
Both the team and I were delighted to read your review titled “Brilliant stay” as it truly captures Denise one of the team truly going above and beyond which is what the team are encouraged to do on a daily basis.

Denise has been recognized for her efforts and was also very pleased to read the review.

We wish your husband good luck on his trip.

We also look forward to welcoming you both back in the future.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I am Priority Club Gold member and recently stay for one night in HI Farnborough on business trip.Check in already bit dark and cant see much from outside.
Free parking was a great start with sufficient car park spaces.
As expected Room upgrade from Gold Member went on fine with smooth check in.My recent stay was outstanding from HI Broomsgrove and that have raise HI standard bar to my expectation.
Room was clean and spacious.My hotel room do provide decent flat screen TV but this is actually my first time i say HD channel.I do spend more time compare to normal watching TV after a long day at work.
Toilet there are some cranks on the floor and some uneven surfaces.Obviously toilet start to show its ages and should be due to upgrade soon.
Breakfast with ample hot and cold choices as expect.
I was impressed again during check out when reception as me how do i rate my stay and how they can make it a perfect 10.I replied for executive room internet and Wifi should come complementary. That night i have laptop,tablet and smartphones with me.
I beleive HI gropus is doing and great effort to improve their services and facalities and i will continue to support them.My next trip will be on a week stay in Crowne Plaza very soo

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rashdan R
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
Dear Rashdan R,

Thank you for taking the time out to review us on Tripadvisor. I was very pleased to read that we met your expectations and that the changes we are making are noticeable and not just in one hotel but across the country.

With regards to areas to improve, I am very glad to say that work commences the 10th of April on 30 bathroom floors as we also recognise some were in need of refurbishment.

I do hope we get the opportunity to provide you again with “spot on services” and next time exceed your expectations and receive 5 out 5.

Nick Aristodemou
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
0.6 km away
2.9 km away
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel
5.8 km away
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham

Been to Holiday Inn Farnborough? Share your experiences!