Holiday Inn Fareham Solent
USD 118
USD 80
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 92/night.

TravelRest Solent Gateway(Fareham)(Great Value!)
USD 80
Lodge at Solent(Whiteley)(Great Value!)
USD 86
USD 84
Hotels.com
Premier Inn Fareham Hotel(Fareham)(Great Value!)
USD 98
PremierInn.com
Red Lion Hotel(Fareham)(Great Value!)
Wisteria House(Stubbington)
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewspeppa pig worldon arrivalhealth clubexecutive roomleisure facilitiesswimming poolbuffet breakfastreception staffpaultons parkbiscuitssofa bedwould highly recommend this hotelthe room was nicethe ground floorfamily roomsaturday nightbar and restaurant
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Where shall I begin? After the lightning strike and subsequent refurbishment would seem appropriate. ALL staff, old hands (forgive me - I meant experienced staff members) and newbies alike, the trainees, and holiday temps are excellent examples of "Grace under Pressure". The new management team, will I am sure, soon progress to the Interconti's of the group, which is a pity but "life goes on". Food (I'm always off-menu") is perfect as is the bar (V. Bloody Mary's - made the old fashioned way - with Sherry). Gardens extensive and well maintained. Accommodation & interior design suprising for a "Three Star". Bedrooms brilliant and a shining example of how this franchise should be run.

Room Tip: I have never stayed in a "not good" room at this hotel. Regarding lift, the hotel is on ground & first. If you have difficulty climbing the stairs after a night out book a ground floor room. A/C system has been completely replaced and should be implemented throughout the "chain"
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Sonya Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fareham Solent, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your thought. I am delighted that you continue to enjoy staying at the Hotel. All your positive comments have been passed on to the team. We do hope to see you again in the near future at Holiday Inn Fareham.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

I stayed for a week in mid January while attending a course at Warsash College. The hotel staff were extremely helpful during booking and even friendlier whilst there. I found the hotel very clean, comfortable and relaxing even while it was fully booked and very busy. I dined in the restaurant or the bar every night and the food was superb. I have to commend trustworthy cleaning staff that found, and left out for me, jewellery that I had misplaced. I had to travel every day to the college and the staff were very helpful at arranging a weeks taxi travels. The quality of customer service was fantastic and left a lasting impression....very refreshing after many a disappointing stay elsewhere. I would definately recommend this hotel and I will be sure to use it again

Room Tip: Can request smoking rooms which is uncommon these days
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Sonya Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fareham Solent, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your thought. All your positive comments have been passed on to the team, who are delighted to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay so much. Our guest service really is important to us all at the Hotel and we are thrilled to hear this left a lasting impression with you. We do hope to see you again in the near future at Holiday Inn Fareham.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed at HInn Fareham for 2 nights. Was just a stop over but we used the bar, restaurant for dinner and also had breakfast. Provision was very good throughout but what stood out was the quality of customer service whenever we encountered it. Professional, supportive and friendly without any of the sanitised corporate push. Positive vibes from all staff, it was first rate.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. We pride ourselves on ensuring we deliver great personal service to our guests. i have passed on your comments to our Team, who are delighted that their efforts have contributed to the enjoyment of your stay so much. We do hope to see you again in the near future at Holiday Inn Fareham.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed here for a couple of days in mid January when we needed to attend a funeral in Gosport and this hotel was close at hand. We have stayed at other Holiday Inns in the past but had not stayed here before. Our report is that everything about this hotel was excellent. Friendly staff throughout, very clean and pleasant rooms, an excellent restaurant with very good food, and first class car parking facilities. We will have no hesitation in returning to this venue in more pleasant circumstances in the future. Well done to all and a credit to Holiday Inns!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. All your positive comments have been passed on to the team, who are delighted to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay so much. We do hope to see you again in the near future at Holiday Inn Fareham.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

Stayed in this Holiday Inn for work for a couple of nights and it was an enjoyable experience. Having not stayed in a Holiday Inn for many many years I had always thought of them as a budget hotel, but either they have improved their game or my perceptions were wrong.

Pulled up, found plenty of car parking (free of charge), went into reception, checked-in in a matter of moments with a friendly and helpful member of staff and went to my room (252 - top floor far end of the corridor). The room was spacious, nicely decorated and clean. The bed was comfy and a choice of pillows (firm or soft) was available. A decent sized (32 inch I think) TV provided all the regular channels plus some HD channels and Sky 1. My room did overlook a busy road but with the windows shut I wasn't disturbed. There was air conditioning for the summer. The bathroom was not the most modern, but it was clean, spacious and the shower had a strong flow of hot water.

Went to breakfast the next morning and was impressed again. Plentiful continental selection and a good quality cooked buffet. The scrambled eggs were particularly nice which I always think is a good yard stick to measure the food by. Fried eggs were being cooked next to the buffet so you knew they were fresh.

The conference facilities worked well and there was unlimited coffee, tea and biscuits in the corridor.

Dinner was slightly less successful as they were clearly busy and we hadn't booked. Eventually got a table, service was a bit slow all evening owing to the number of people, but the staff were always polite and friendly and the food was good. Drinks at the bar were expensive though.

All in all an enjoyable stay and I would recommend the hotel with a couple of caveats; avoid the 8am breakfast rush (you'll have to wait for a table), book a table for dinner in advance and book your room in advance; the turn up and stay rates were in the region of £150 if I remember right and good though the hotel is, it's not that good!

Room Tip: Avoid the 8am breakfast rush and book a dinner table in advance. Look out for meal deals too - there were some quite reasonable prices.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business