The Lowry Hotel
USD 77
AC Hotels
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 91/night.

The Ainscow Hotel(Salford)(Great Value!)
USD 92
  • Restaurant
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club(Worsley)(Great Value!)
USD 118
USD 97
USD 79
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 97/night.

USD 102
USD 99
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Novotel Manchester West(Worsley)(Great Value!)
USD 78
USD 73
USD 65
USD 63
Orbitz.com
USD 85
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays(Salford)(Great Value!)
USD 45
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
2,921 results
All reviewswalk in wardrobeafternoon teaturn down serviceriver viewfive star hotelrooms are spaciouscar parkbirthday treathuge bedfloor to ceiling windowsfantastic hotelsuperior roommini barcity centrefantastic stayhotel barbars and restaurants
Reviewed 17 January 2018

Nice looking hotel with parking (£19.50 Perday). Hotel located over the river bridge but within easy walking distance of Deansgate.

To be a 5* hotel everything should constantly be spot on and maintain at that level constantly so as far as possible, sadly that is not the case here.

The plus side:- nice open plan modern reception with very helpful staffs. Big open corridors and huge room (superior).

On the down side:- grubby stained carpet in room, dated furniture losing its veneer, dangerously over hot towel rail over bath ( naturall hand gab but seriously needs thermostat control. The hot breakfast was lukewarm at best across the whole range and hot items ordered from the kitchen were virtually cold.

There are better lower starred hotels in Manchester

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
SimonpHarding, Manager at The Lowry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed thoughts with the Trip Advisor community. Please accept my own personal apologies that certain aspects of your experience did not live up to your own expectations and our usual high standards.

I'll be sure to share both your comments with the relevant managers from my team here. I would like to discuss your comments personally in more detail, I am unable to find your profile here at the Hotel from your username on this forum.

Please could I ask you to contact me directly either on 0161 827 4075 or on simon.harding@thelowryhotel.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Nice looking hotel over the waterway bridge and within easy walking distance of Deansgate this is a well located hotel for Manchester with parking. (Additional charge of £19.50 per day).

Sadly it is not five star for to warrant that everything should be well maintained and constantly as new as spot on as is humanly possible but the hotel failed to achieve that.

The up sides:- location, parking, nice modern reception area, big open corridors on our floor, huge room (superior) helpful staff.

The down sides:- grubby stained carpet in room, dated furniture losing its veneer, dangerous towel rail - needs a thermostat, hot section of breakfast across all items was at best lukewarm and fresh cooked hot items requested from the kitchen virtually cold.

There are better lower starred hotels in Manchester.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the Trip Advisor community.

Please accept my own personal apologies that certain aspects of your experience did not live up to your own expectations and our usual high standards especially in our bedroom and breakfast food offering.

I'll be sure to share both your comments with the relevant managers from our senior team here.

I would like to discuss your comments personally in more detail and I please could I ask you to contact me directly either on 0161 827 4075 or simon.harding@thelowryhotel.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Visiting family between Christmas and New Year so we picked this hotel as being local and a bit of luxury.

Sadly, the 5-star rating appears to because they have a spa etc. and not for the service. Breakfast on both days was a shambles. On the first day our breakfast was left on a tray in the middle of the restaurant for over 20 minutes with staff walking past it, looking at it and then ignoring it. It took that long for anyone to come to the table to ask how our breakfast was; not the kind of service you would expect from a hotel calling itself 5-star.

The second day we picked from the "help yourself" buffet but ate our meal surrounded by uncleared tables for the whole of our time in the restaurant, with plenty of staff to do the clearing but they seemed to prefer to walk around the room instead.

That, coupled with what seemed to be non-existent doormen and a 5-10 minute queue for checkout (with what seemed to be not enough staff on reception) is, all-in-all, not what one should expect from a hotel touting itself as somewhere “…where luxury meets style”. I think not.

The refund of the car park fee was a nice touch by the obviously embarrassed receptionist when she was told of our issues.

A very poor experience but it won’t be repeated as we won't be staying here again. There are far better hotels in Manchester than this one.

Stayed: December 2017

Dear Guest

We take great pride in providing five-star experience in all areas of our operation and it is most concerning that you did not find this to be the case. Your feedback is most appreciated and I would like to discuss this further with you, if you could kindly contact me directly.

I'll be sure to share both your comments with the relevant managers from my team here. My contact details are 0161 827 4075 or simon.harding@thelowryhotel.com I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

I've stayed at a couple of 5 star hotels, but the experience here ironically, was nothing to write home about.

The valet parking is good, but for 4 and 5 star hotels it's normal. Reception were unable to get my 5 friends and I rooms on the same floor, but that was hardly a deal breaker.

I thought the decor was very nice in the communal areas, but in the room, the bathroom looked very dated. It is at this point I regret not taking a picture. For the hotel I think it was room 324. The usual extras were there complimentary soap, shower gel etc. But a touch of regrouting is needed.

The A.C. was dated, and the controls were totally out of sync. I tried warming up the room, but i only got cold air. I have then tried to ring reception twice, both times was ringing for in excess of 30 seconds, no answer. Sounds trivial, but I think not for a 5 star hotel. I got into the lift and walked down to reception and highlighted the A.C. issue and the not answering the phone.

The lady was very polite, apologised as you do and arranged for an engineer to resolve the A.C. problem. I had a drink in the hotel, returned to the room to find a bog mobile heater was in the room. I just laughed, because it was a 5 star hotel. Although in fairness, it warmed up the room very nicely.

Outside of that, I think the hotel was nice apart from 2 members of staff arguing in front of me, just one of those embarrassing not knowing where to look moments.

Although I would stay there again, stayed in far nicer 4 star hotels where the overall experience was much better.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
SimonpHarding, Manager at The Lowry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Lowry. We are naturally disappointed to see that your experience with us did not live up to your expectations. We take great pride in providing five-star experience in all areas of our operation and it is most concerning that you did not find this to be the case.

Your feedback is most appreciated and I would like to discuss this further with you, if you could kindly contact me directly. I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back, so we can provide you with the exceptional experience that our guests have come to expect from us.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Surprisingly quite for such a great location and quality venue.
Poor girl on the bar was on arrival under pressure but handled it well and dealt with us with a smile .
Meal was excellent the beef melted in your mouth portions were adequate with a rather large Yorkshire pudding an option for more gravy would have been good
Puddings were great sticky toffee pudding and lemon tart all first class
The pianist vocalist was an added bonus she had a great voice and brilliant selection of music all round great lunch

2  Thank Barry E

Dear Guest Thank you for your recent trip advisor review.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience and found the team provided great service. along with enjoying the food from our Sunday lunch offering which is priced £22.50 from our Chef ,and our talented singer Kimm who is hear every Sunday.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip and many more occasions to come.

Director Of Operations