3,070 results
All reviews walk in wardrobe afternoon tea turn down service five star hotel river view car park rooms are large birthday treat huge bed superior room fantastic hotel floor to ceiling windows mini bar fantastic stay city centre hotel bar bars and restaurants
Reviewed 17 January 2018

Nice looking hotel over the waterway bridge and within easy walking distance of Deansgate this is a well located hotel for Manchester with parking. (Additional charge of £19.50 per day).

Sadly it is not five star for to warrant that everything should be well maintained and constantly as new as spot on as is humanly possible but the hotel failed to achieve that.

The up sides:- location, parking, nice modern reception area, big open corridors on our floor, huge room (superior) helpful staff.

The down sides:- grubby stained carpet in room, dated furniture losing its veneer, dangerous towel rail - needs a thermostat, hot section of breakfast across all items was at best lukewarm and fresh cooked hot items requested from the kitchen virtually cold.

There are better lower starred hotels in Manchester.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
SimonpHarding, Manager at The Lowry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Please accept my own personal apologies that certain aspects of your experience did not live up to your own expectations and our usual high standards especially in our bedroom and breakfast food offering.

I'll be sure to share both your comments with the relevant managers from our senior team here.

I would like to discuss your comments personally in more detail and I please could I ask you to contact me directly either on 0161 827 4075 or simon.harding@thelowryhotel.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Visiting family between Christmas and New Year so we picked this hotel as being local and a bit of luxury.

Sadly, the 5-star rating appears to because they have a spa etc. and not for the service. Breakfast on both days was a shambles. On the first day our breakfast was left on a tray in the middle of the restaurant for over 20 minutes with staff walking past it, looking at it and then ignoring it. It took that long for anyone to come to the table to ask how our breakfast was; not the kind of service you would expect from a hotel calling itself 5-star.

The second day we picked from the "help yourself" buffet but ate our meal surrounded by uncleared tables for the whole of our time in the restaurant, with plenty of staff to do the clearing but they seemed to prefer to walk around the room instead.

That, coupled with what seemed to be non-existent doormen and a 5-10 minute queue for checkout (with what seemed to be not enough staff on reception) is, all-in-all, not what one should expect from a hotel touting itself as somewhere “…where luxury meets style”. I think not.

The refund of the car park fee was a nice touch by the obviously embarrassed receptionist when she was told of our issues.

A very poor experience but it won’t be repeated as we won't be staying here again. There are far better hotels in Manchester than this one.

Stayed: December 2017

Dear Guest

We take great pride in providing five-star experience in all areas of our operation and it is most concerning that you did not find this to be the case. Your feedback is most appreciated and I would like to discuss this further with you, if you could kindly contact me directly.

I'll be sure to share both your comments with the relevant managers from my team here. My contact details are 0161 827 4075 or simon.harding@thelowryhotel.com I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

I've stayed at a couple of 5 star hotels, but the experience here ironically, was nothing to write home about.

The valet parking is good, but for 4 and 5 star hotels it's normal. Reception were unable to get my 5 friends and I rooms on the same floor, but that was hardly a deal breaker.

I thought the decor was very nice in the communal areas, but in the room, the bathroom looked very dated. It is at this point I regret not taking a picture. For the hotel I think it was room 324. The usual extras were there complimentary soap, shower gel etc. But a touch of regrouting is needed.

The A.C. was dated, and the controls were totally out of sync. I tried warming up the room, but i only got cold air. I have then tried to ring reception twice, both times was ringing for in excess of 30 seconds, no answer. Sounds trivial, but I think not for a 5 star hotel. I got into the lift and walked down to reception and highlighted the A.C. issue and the not answering the phone.

The lady was very polite, apologised as you do and arranged for an engineer to resolve the A.C. problem. I had a drink in the hotel, returned to the room to find a bog mobile heater was in the room. I just laughed, because it was a 5 star hotel. Although in fairness, it warmed up the room very nicely.

Outside of that, I think the hotel was nice apart from 2 members of staff arguing in front of me, just one of those embarrassing not knowing where to look moments.

Although I would stay there again, stayed in far nicer 4 star hotels where the overall experience was much better.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
SimonpHarding, Manager at The Lowry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Lowry. We are naturally disappointed to see that your experience with us did not live up to your expectations. We take great pride in providing five-star experience in all areas of our operation and it is most concerning that you did not find this to be the case.

Your feedback is most appreciated and I would like to discuss this further with you, if you could kindly contact me directly. I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back, so we can provide you with the exceptional experience that our guests have come to expect from us.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Surprisingly quite for such a great location and quality venue.
Poor girl on the bar was on arrival under pressure but handled it well and dealt with us with a smile .
Meal was excellent the beef melted in your mouth portions were adequate with a rather large Yorkshire pudding an option for more gravy would have been good
Puddings were great sticky toffee pudding and lemon tart all first class
The pianist vocalist was an added bonus she had a great voice and brilliant selection of music all round great lunch

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Barry E

Dear Guest Thank you for your recent trip advisor review.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience and found the team provided great service. along with enjoying the food from our Sunday lunch offering which is priced £22.50 from our Chef ,and our talented singer Kimm who is hear every Sunday.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip and many more occasions to come.

Director Of Operations

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Had Sunday lunch and then stayed one night. Lunch was lovely and nicely presented enjoyed the pianis who was playing in the bar.Seems to get busy with lots of regulars .
Had cocktails in the bar before lunch and had drinks and a snack in the bar in the evening particular mention for Bruno in the bar certainly a credit to the Lowry.
Breakfast the following morning was very good with plenty of choices to swap for full English.
Used the spar can recommend Sallie for nail treatments.
I take the point of some reviews re 5* as the are some areas requiring a little tlc but felt ALL the staff made up for this.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 333lesleyd

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the Trip Advisor community. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us especially the service from Bruno in our River Bar.

I'll be sure to share both your positive and constructive comments with the relevant managers from the team here.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Lowry again on another trip in the near future.

Director Of Operations