3,180 results
All reviews walk in wardrobe afternoon tea turn down service five star hotel river view rooms are large car park birthday treat huge bed fantastic hotel floor to ceiling windows mini bar fantastic stay city centre hotel bar bars and restaurants visiting manchester
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Surprisingly quite for such a great location and quality venue.
Poor girl on the bar was on arrival under pressure but handled it well and dealt with us with a smile .
Meal was excellent the beef melted in your mouth portions were adequate with a rather large Yorkshire pudding an option for more gravy would have been good
Puddings were great sticky toffee pudding and lemon tart all first class
The pianist vocalist was an added bonus she had a great voice and brilliant selection of music all round great lunch

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank barrye147
SimonpHarding, Manager at The Lowry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Dear Guest Thank you for your recent trip advisor review.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience and found the team provided great service. along with enjoying the food from our Sunday lunch offering which is priced £22.50 from our Chef ,and our talented singer Kimm who is hear every Sunday.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip and many more occasions to come.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Had Sunday lunch and then stayed one night. Lunch was lovely and nicely presented enjoyed the pianis who was playing in the bar.Seems to get busy with lots of regulars .
Had cocktails in the bar before lunch and had drinks and a snack in the bar in the evening particular mention for Bruno in the bar certainly a credit to the Lowry.
Breakfast the following morning was very good with plenty of choices to swap for full English.
Used the spar can recommend Sallie for nail treatments.
I take the point of some reviews re 5* as the are some areas requiring a little tlc but felt ALL the staff made up for this.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 333lesleyd

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the Trip Advisor community. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us especially the service from Bruno in our River Bar.

I'll be sure to share both your positive and constructive comments with the relevant managers from the team here.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Lowry again on another trip in the near future.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

This was our annual pilgrimage to Manchester and The Lowry hotel for my wifes birthday on NYE. Having scrubbed the normal Christmas stay as well we extended our visit until the 2nd January. On this occasion we were fortunate enough to be upgraded and this made our stay extra special, one which we will not forget for a long time.

This was our 36th visit so we have seen the hotel change hands a number of times and admittidely we have been guilty recently of criticising a noticeable drop in standards which we constructively fed back to the hotel. Our observations were listened to by hotel management and it was quite obvious throughout our stay that subtle changes are being made and the hotel is moving forward. Our visit this time was faultless throughout the 5 nights, we did not have one negative to report.

The first change is the parking, now covered underground opposite the hotel entrance, hopefully this is a permanent parking solution. When checking in we noticed a couple of new faces but we were warmly welcomed and advised of the upgrade.

We dined twice in the River Restaurant (reviewed seperately) and it was as good as all our previous visits, one of the best restaurants in Manchester which is often overlooked.

We were looked after in the bar during our stay nothing was too much trouble, service always attentive and our glasses never empty!! Daria, George and Zack helped make our stay very relaxing as always.

Room service was spot on, very efficient we much prefer to relax on a morning rather than rush down to the restaurant for breakfast so a good tip is to have it delivered to the room.

On NYE we retired to our room to watch the fireworks in comfort, the hotel puts on its own firework display and each year surpasses the last, this year they were incredible a full 7 minute spectacular show. A river view room is a must if you want to see the fireworks.

I could continue with the superlatives but to summarise a fantastic stay and one which will be hard to beat. We return in February and are so looking forward to it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank DLMinskip
SimonpHarding, Manager at The Lowry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your posting your excellent feedback for the Trip Advisor Community. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay in our wonderful rooms.

It is also great to hear that my colleagues made such a positive impression throughout your stay. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectations.

We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on another occasion next month.

Director of Operations

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Thought the lowery was amazing. Stayed in a deluxe room and it was so spacious and modern. It felt comfortable and clean. The complimentary skin care products were devine The breakfast was just how it should be in a 5* hotels and a pleasant atmosphere. A great location in Manchester and has parking facility. Can't wait to go back and stay again.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at The Lowry.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and enjoyed all aspects of the Hotel that you experienced. We are located in Salford but are very conveniently next to Trinity bridge which is next to many different local attractions and areas that the City of Manchester has to offer.

I will pass on your lovely comments to the team here who will very much appreciate your feedback. Especially our Food and Beverage team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for your next visit in the near future.

Once again thank you for you for your very kind review.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Stayed in a river view room for 2 nights over Xmas. Valet parking & Check-in were smooth and efficient, though the door was left open and a freezing draught made us shiver whilst checking in.

Bathroom was very dated with a cheap non-soft closing WC lid that was announced when it dropped with a slam… The toiletries only consisted of 4 sachets of various shampoos, body lotion etc. Sink & bath have plug and chain and WC flush is an old fashioned handle that took a few attempts to get a full flush. Very basic and certainly not top notch 5 star luxury.

The river view has 2 aspects; 1 is a good vista t the bridge and beyond, but the other side has a view of shabby river bank with lots of detritus and weeds growing, not a good thing to look at. Could the hotel not send staff to clear this up or pay for an upgrade to the opposite buildings shabby bank side? The AC controls are vague without the ability to set a definitive temperature.

Minibar was not replenished.

We had drinks in the bar. Watched the bar tender insert a lime with his fingers onto my bottle of Corona… I did point this out and it was changed. However the next night the same thing happened right under the nose of the bar manger… I did complain more audibly this time but was surprised not to see an intervention from the bar manager or an apology?

Breakfast buffet is extremely limited, in fact the least selection I have ever experienced in all the 4 & 5 star hotels I have ever stayed in. First morning we were given a booth which had worn out seat padding and was particularly uncomfortable. The second morning despite being virtually empty, we had to ask for coffee twice and gluten free toast 3 times before it arrived some 25 minutes later by time I had finished my buffet selection. My wife’s croissants were not that good, much better in my local caffe Nero.

I must balance my negative findings with the fact that most of the staff were very good indeed and a credit to the hotel.

So, overall very disappointing for a 5 star hotel that is supposed to be Manchester’s finest and a whole world away from most London & International 5 star hotels I have stayed in.

I expressed these concerns to the duty manager at check-out, who did apologise and offer me a small concession. I believe her when she said she would pass on my concerns and I’m grateful for that, but really this was a very disappointing stay.

Footnote; What struck me in particular was the clientele on the Friday evening. Nearly every customer (most appeared non resident) seemed to wearing trainers, track suits and there were loud children running about past 10 in the evening. 0% sophistication! I’m coming to the conclusion that the hotel is attracting the wrong type of client and dumbing-down service standards to suit, this being borne out with the pricing; £5 for a Corona – even at my local pub its £5.75. Suggest you treble prices to ensure an appropriate non-resident clientele.

I also see that the majority of superb reviews are from guests from the North - not an international clientele so would suggest that service is tailored to indigenous low-expectation guests that will also be happy that the area has no Michelin starred restaurants. Clearly there is no demand for truly high standards of hotel or cuisine in this part of the UK.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank LWDOTCOM

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed thoughts with the Trip Advisor community. Please accept my own personal apologies that certain aspects of your experience did not live up to your own expectations and our usual high standards.

I believe you have since had conversations with our General Manager Mr Ellis regarding your stay with us and he has shared our comments with the relevant managers from our team here.

Director of Operations