“Very good mixed kebab; very nice small restaurant”

Istanbul Turkish BBQ Restaurant Westcliff
Price range: USD 7 - USD 24
Description: Authentic Turkish barbecue restaurant which opened in January 2016 located in Westcliff-on-Sea following the success of our Southend restaurant. If you enjoy delicious fresh food and friendly customer service then make sure you pay us a visit!
Reviewed 23 February 2016

My girlfriend and I visited here on Valentines weekend, having booked at short notice (typical bloke!). If you don't like small restaurants for any reason, this might not be the place for you, as it is an intimate seating area. Personally, however, I thought this helped make a nice atmosphere, with the waiting staff very friendly.

As for the important stuff: the food. We both had a mixed kebab; I opted for the rice, my girlfriend the chips. As always, I made the better decision, as the Turkish rice is simply divine. The meat was very good, particularly the chicken, with perhaps too much doner for my liking.

I can't speak for other dishes, of course, but you certainly won't go home hungry or unsatisfied with the mixed kebab. The wine is also very reasonably priced.

1  Thank bcurtis92