“Perfect seaside café - fresh, interesting, great value.”
Review of Coastal Bite

Coastal Bite
Price range: USD 5 - USD 18
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fresh, new exciting take on the famous Westcliff Arches, serving homemade dishes, in a relaxed atmosphere, accomodating all your needs.
Reviewed 15 August 2015

Small, bright, friendly; and with fab views of the sea. This café is a delight, with super simple food, freshly cooked with care, from good quality ingredients. I'd come every meal, if I could.

Familiar basics such as fish and chips, quality pasta - including with cockles, great idea - and a few less standard items including char grill breakfast barbecue, and toasties with Greek bread. Also a little blackboard of specials, including fresh sardines. I loved an impeccable blackened cod with tatziki, squeaky fresh salad and delicious chips (looked hand cut, best I've eaten all year).

You don't expect a small café to happily make up an off-menu starter, but the sweet team here happily did so. Small choice of wines by the glass, more by the bottle, and range of non-alcoholic drinks. Good little menu for little people.

Sticky toffee pudding was light, yummy, but - guys, my only tiny criticism - a few calories short of a classic recipe. Come on, put some dates in. Or else re-name it.

Amy W, Owner at Coastal Bite, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

Thank you for your great review and very kind words! I am very pleased you enjoyed your Coastal Bite experience and have since heard you have been back in a couple more times which is great!
Thank you!

There are newer reviews for Coastal Bite

Reviewed 10 August 2015

I cannot fault Coastal Bite, it is by far the best of the bunch when it comes to the Arches restaurants on the front. I have eaten there a few times now and the food has been perfectly grilled (rather than fried), and made with love. All the staff we have encountered have been friendly and helpful. This is the only Arches restaurant I will be visiting in the future. I would particularly recommend their breakfasts.

Amy W, Owner at Coastal Bite, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

Thank you for a great review!
Our breakfasts are very popular and I can certainly agree that everything is made with love, we pride ourselves on trying to give the whole package.
We look forward to seeing back again soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2015 via mobile

Came here with my husband for a very rare "date night"
The staff were polite, service was excellent and the food amazing!

A bottle of beer and fish n chips later (all which was fresh, fresh, fresh) we cuddled up under the soft fleece rug provided and watched the world go by.

Came back today with the children- just as good and delicious!!

Will be back

Amy W, Owner at Coastal Bite, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

Thank you for a great review! We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2015

I love writing a little 'thank you' when I get the time, and I must say that since my last review, I have visited 3 times. Every time nothing has been too much trouble (I'm a bit of a fussy eater and indeed don't always finish my meal - nothing to do with the food, I just don't have a massive appetite).

Each of these visits the service has been impeccable. I cannot recommend Coastal Bite enough if you're having a meander on the weekend. Wine selection is small, but well-chosen and very reasonable prices. It is also a great place for a Sunday Brunch and hair of the dog. Beer is always cold, food is always hot and whilst it might get very busy, persevere - the owners and staff are lovely and let's face it, who wants to go to an empty restaurant??? :D

Knocks spots off of the pretentious service just down the street at Oyster Creek (review pending).

Keep it up guys, it's so nice to dine somewhere the 'staff' actually appear to be enjoying their work.

5*****

PS: thanks for being one of the rare places that reply to positive reviews - few and far between!

Amy W, Owner at Coastal Bite, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

Hannah - your reviews just keep getting better! Keep coming.....!
Thank you very much, your continue custom and support means a lot to us.

Reviewed 4 August 2015 via mobile

We chose this place mainly on the way it looked, but the food definitely lived up to the design. Everything we had was really good quality and the service was friendly and helpful. Coffees were average at best, but the quality of the food and the vibe of the place more than made up for it.

Amy W, Owner at Coastal Bite, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

Thank you for your kind words, I am glad you appreciated the good quality ingredients! With regards to the coffee, we have just sent out coffee machine off for a good service/clean up so come back and try another one and hopefully you will notice a difference!
amy