1,872 results
All reviews spa treatments lazy sunday a la carte menu golf weekend buffet style leisure facilities sauna and steam room play golf executive room great weekend an overnight stay full body massage brasserie gym squash venue golfing
Reviewed 4 November 2015

We arrived on Friday afternoon and had an easy check in - we had one of the rooms in the village which was fab - balcony view overlooking the golf course - really peaceful. We took advantage of the spa facilities and had a quick swim, sauna and Jacuzzi - lovely!

Our event in the evening was great fun - attentive staff and a very nice 3 course meal. We even had a dance in the disco at the end of the evening!!!

Great nights sleep had and then a superb breakfast - although the sitting when we arrived at gone 9 was busy there was still plenty for all and food being replenished all the time and we was not rushed at all.

Thank you Five Lakes for a lovely little break away!!!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
IanICullen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2015

How kind of you to take the time to post your fantastic feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that your stay was an enjoyable and relaxing experience and everything was so perfect for you.

I do hope that you will have another occasion to return to Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes in the future.

Meanwhile, not forgetting of course - your five star award ! this is very much appreciated - thank you.

With kind regards.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

This was the venue for our Regional Meeting in October and the facilities and service were excellent. Accommodation was great (very comfortable beds!) and food choices and quality very good.

The meeting room was very well equipped and catering was provided at the times requested (which doesn't always happen!); anything else we required was provided promptly following a quick telephone call. The only thing I would have changed would be the weather .................. it was raining and we had a great balcony area which we couldn't use!

I would have no hesitation in recommending this resort as a business meeting venue.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your fantastic review and it is clear to me from your feedback that we met and exceeded your expectations during your time with us.

May I thank you for recommending us to others as the perfect venue for business meetings. I do hope that you have an occasion in the future to return either as a business delegate or perhaps a leisure visit.

Last but not least – your five stars is gratefully received.

With my kind regard to you.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

Have visited a few times but on this occasion nothing had changed. Paid £95 for a 'harmony spa day' and it was a ridiculous amount of money to pay for a 2 course lunch and the use of the facilites which was a dated swimming pool, dated jacuzzi, dated sauna and steam room - all of which had seen better days and had not changed from about 10 years ago! Coffee and tea were free but it was help yourself from a hot water flask that the water must have been sitting in for hours as it was luke warm. There was a relaxation room but it was dismal with no reading material except old copies of a newspaper with newspaper suppliments or a John Lewis fashion magazine! The one hour (or 45 min) treatment was nice but do not know how they cost the day at £95??

Room Tip: I did not stay overnight this time
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
IanICullen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2015

Thank you for taking the time to comment upon your recent visit to Five Lakes and it is most disappointing to read your review.

Please accept my apologies that on this occasion we fell short of your expectations as described. We continue to improve both service and product and your candid comments regarding our country club and spa are taken on board and have already been passed to my leisure manager and spa manager to review.

I do hope that your experience will not deter you from returning in the future.

With kind regards

Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

We just returned from a girls weekend at the resort. The venue is beautiful and the staff could not be more friendly. One staff member joey Smith in the restaurant was so nice and helpful with our queries and was very quick at getting our queries resolved. It's very obvious that he enjoys his job and has excellent people skills. Well done Joey and keep up the good work.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandra L
IanICullen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit Five Lakes and I am very pleased that both you and your friends had a great time with us.

Joey will be so happy to know that you have taken the time to mention him in your review; and as you have experienced Joey will always do his utmost to ensure that the guest experience is a positive and enjoyable one.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel and I do hope that you will all return in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

Firstly, myself and my other half like to get away once a month. Nowhere far; just saw me time away from our home town.

Crowne Plaza's grounds are just incredible. And credit goes to the groundskeeper, for even in Autumn, keeping it so well maintained.

Once you drive down the long entrance, the car park has plenty of large size spaces, and as I have a large pickup truck, it was perfect.

We were greeted at the desk by an awesome guy. We didn't get his name, but he was so enthusiastic and happy to be there, we felt at home right away.

Our room was in the village part of the resort, a few out buildings with 9 rooms in. And we were gobsmacked at our room.

It was a king room; and it was definitely fit for someone used to a high class room.

My favourite part was the bed. Not only was it king size but it's was comfortable, we took a nap as soon as we arrived.

The room itself was immaculate. Not a spec of dust anywhere. A small balcony that looked over a lovely duckpond. The room was decorated simple but classy which a black and wood bathroom. A bath AND a large shower.

I can easily say I had the best nights sleep I've ever had.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet relaxed get away.

Crowne Plaza has outdone itself with location, styling and staff.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for positing your review on Trip Advisor and your generous four stars is much appreciated.

It is fantastic to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and how everything that you experienced was perfect for you. You can be assured that your mention of our hard working team members in their respective departments; will be shared with them at the earliest opportunity.

I do hope that you will have an occasion in the future to return and thank you so much for choosing Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes as your local hotel destination.

With kind regards