“Good Appartment Near to Sea”
Everhome Apartments, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS1 1HE
Alexandra Road Alexandra Road (Apartments on the Right)
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Alexandra Road
Alexandra Road (Apartments on the Right)
Lounge
Double Bedroom
Single Bedroom
Kitchen
Bathroom with Bath and Shower
Lounge
Bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Pankaj R
New Delhi, India
“Good Appartment Near to Sea”
Reviewed 10 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

We have stayed last month. It is very good and value to stay. Location of this apartment is good near to Railway station and Sea.

Travelling group: Friends
11 May 2016
Many thanks for the review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the location which I have to say is hard to beat.
Nicola T
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Great apartment”
Reviewed 16 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We stayed here for a week while attending a family wedding. It was perfect for what we needed and very close to the sea which was lovely.
The owner Malcolm was extremely friendly and very happy to help us with anything we needed.
Highly recommended property.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Its location and cleanliness
Liked least: electric cooker but we didn't eat in much so not really a problem
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
16 Sep 2015
I am absolutely delighted to receive this positive review especially as it's for the same apartment we received a less than flattering review for in June this year. As proprietor, I always try and go the extra mile to make certain our customers enjoy their stay and it is very rewarding when someone recognizes my efforts and tells others accordingly.
Linbin69
London, United Kingdom
“Poor Now but has potential to be Better”
Reviewed 7 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

We booked for a week- Ground Floor Garden Apartment. May 29th to June 5th 2015.

We managed to stay for 5 days but had to get out before time was up as the apartment simply didnt meet our expectations; mum is 85 and she deserved better.

Originally we were taking mums disabled dog with us but thankfully we didnt as it would have been too dangerous for him; he is blind and had he walked on to the nail sticking out of the carpet I dread to think what would have happened. Also the garden was not as secure as we wanted- see photo for details- he would not have been able to roam free in it! .

We tried to make a go of it for mums sake and we took her out everyday to avoid being in the apartment too much but it became far too tiring for her and we decided to leave! We explained to the owner Malcolm; who in turn responded that he was saddened we did not like the apartment and has offered us two days compensation ie £150 for the 2 days we did not stay; and also £15 off each day we did stay. It cost us £75 per night to stay at Evermore and I'm afraid it was £75 too much. With just some small monetray input from the owner I believe Evermore could be as nice as the pictures advertised on the internet; the whole place is at the moment though in dire need of TLC as our attatched pictures demonstrate and in its current state is simply an eye sore. Malcolm seemed to be a genuinely nice person and hopefully he will be good to his word not only about the compensation but about getting the place cleaned up; I guess time will tell. Malcolm texted us to say that his mother in law has just passed away so although it may take him a while to sort things out I feel he will be good to his word! Also just to say Malcolm has said that the apartment has been fully booked out for the last four months with no complaints so perhaps there are some people who won't mind its current state - thought it only fair to state that!

It is very important to us to ensure a true representation of Evermore ( as it is now) is shown as it allows prospective holiday makers to make up their own minds about whether to book or not.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Liked least: the state of the apartment itself and the garden area
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
12 Jun 2015
I was very sad to read this review which is the first poor one I have received. I am however grateful to the lady for pointing out improvements I can make. On arrival, I always ask guests to let me know if they have any concerns or problems and to call me anytime. I always act upon any problems as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, the first I heard of this lady’s dissatisfaction was when she sent me a text after she had stayed there 5 nights and then left and gone home. I immediately refunded her as per her review. As it happens we were able to rectify various points she had raised in just 2 hours and I would have gladly done it, for her as well, if she’d given me the chance. Redecoration and flooring etc. obviously takes longer but as I explained to her, the apartment had been fully booked since January, giving us limited time to undertake the larger jobs that older properties constantly require. They are now booked to be done later this month.
The garden is secure. If the lady had bought her dog, I would have explained to her that both the rear gardens are mine and her dog would have been able to use both gardens as many of our other guest’s dogs have done. The red barrier in the garden had been left there by contractors who are coming back to stay next week. They asked me if they could leave it there.

We offer economical self-catering apartments with lounge, kitchen, bathroom and 2 bedrooms for less than the cost of an average single hotel room and we have many, many clients whom return time and time again.

I always try to offer an excellent service to my customers and whilst acknowledging the points this lady has raised I would ask you to please read and consider all the other reviews.

Malcolm Taylor
Jay Z
“Great location- & value for money!”
Reviewed 15 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We had a great stay @ Everhome Apartments. Located a minutes walk from the seaside and a 5 minute walk to Southend's Boulevard. Great value for money and laidback owner.

Travelling group: Friends
17 May 2015
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us in Southend-on-Sea. I look forward to welcoming you back.
zoejane59
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed 17 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Good experience from the start with a warm friendly and informative welcome from the owner. Apartment was warm clean and comfortable. Short walk to Southend high street with its many pubs shops and restaurants.
We have previously stayed in the Travelodge but found the apartment gave us so much more for the same price. We will return.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
18 Mar 2015
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing